FOURTEEN

kai hopped down the steps of the front porch with semi-wet, messy hair and somewhat pajamas. he shivered in the cold and grabbed his arms. "should i have brought a jacket...?" he mumbled to himself, walking towards the street where he could see the ocean clearly.

     "meh," he said, crouching down at the edge of the street, staring down at the small waves.

     "hey," a voice startled him, he stumbled forward and almost fell onto his hands, but taehyun grabbed him by the forearm quickly and pulled him up with a heavy breath.

     "sorry," he said. "shit.. you scared me," kai mumbled, pushing his hair out of his face. he stared down at taehyun's hand, which held a firm grip on his arm. still, even after he was stable and standing.

     taehyun looked too and quickly pulled away. "oh, sorry,"

     kai scoffed and stepped over to walk beside him. "stop saying sorry, it's fine," he laughed a little.

     kai shivered and put his hands into his pockets, looking over in front of taehyun to stare at the ocean. his gaze shifted a bit and landed unintentionally on the others face. he blinked.

     taehyun has really nice eyes.

     they're so big, too,

     he just looks so kind,

     i really love his nose, more than anything,

     so pretty,

     "kai?" taehyun interrupted, slowing down. kai stared directly into his eyes and felt his face heat up, gulping very visibly and only causing his ears to burn even more. he scratched his head and tried to hide his face.

     "are you okay..?" he asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. kai blinked and nodded, shaking the thoughts away and smiling.

     "sorry, i was just looking at you,"

     idiot.

     taehyun blinked and smiled a little bit, kai pursing his lips in embarrassment, staring at the floor and covering his face again. "i-i didn't mean it like that, i-"

     "it's okay," he stopped him, looking back at the road to see an approaching car. he placed his hands on both of kai's shoulders and moved him to the outside of the street, closest to the ocean, away from the road.

      "look at the water instead," he said. kai nodded and tried to cool himself down. "isn't it pretty?" he asked.

     kai smiled and giggled a little. "it is," he said.

     "you're pretty,"

     kai thought for a moment before turning to look at taehyun, he blinked. "oh, i'm sorry, i didn't mean it to be-" taehyun started, feeling guilty.

     kai shook his head and smiled. "no! no, it's okay, really, taehyun," he said. "i don't mind things like that, when you say that stuff," he mumbled.

     "a-are you sure? cuz after everything i don't wanna make you-"

     "taehyun, it's been a long time. you don't have to say "after everything" anymore. it's over," he said. taehyun's shoulders dropped a little and he hummed.

     "ah.. you're right, i'm sorry,"

     "stop saying sorry!" he punched him in the side and taehyun stumbled over, grabbing his arm. "ow!!"

     kai laughed and grabbed him, pulling him back next to him and keeping his hand wrapped around his arm. unintentionally? not so sure. being intertwined with taehyun was something he was no longer used to, but so familiar with.

     taehyun's arms are always warm, always welcoming, and always so comfortable. he always feels strong and clean and makes you never want to let go.

     kai shivered a little and wrapped both his arms around taehyun's. taehyun looked down and smiled a little.

     "are you cold?" he asked. kai nodded. "i told you, why didn't you bring a jacket?" he asked, pulling away from kai, about to pull his sweatshirt over his head. how nice, kai thought.

     he stopped him and shook his head. "no, don't! this is enough," he said, squeezing his arm tighter and pulling him closer to his side. taehyun smiled and looked at the ground, brushing hair out of his face.

     "you're so warm," kai mumbled, eyes wide. "aren't you cold?" he asked. taehyun smiled and shook his head. "i was, but now we're together,"

     kai blinked and couldn't hide his smile and blushed cheeks. they slowed down and stared at each other for a moment. what the fuck..

     ding. kai breathed in deep and broke away from taehyun's eyes, pulling his phone out his pocket.

soobin
where ru mfs
i'm hungry
ru guys lke making out or smthn
don't do that kai
i'll kill you

     kai sighed. "soobin woke up," he said. taehyun groaned and threw his head back, kai laughing in response. "what?"

     "i want to be with you for longer," he groaned, sighing deeply and shaking his head. kai bit his bottom lip and restrained from doing a full somersault.

     "whatever, i bet he's hungry? let's go back," taehyun said. kai nodded and they turned, heading back towards the house.

     kai opened the door to see soobin sprawled out on the couch. he sat up quickly and pointed an accusing finger at kai. "finally!! i was waiting so long, hurry, i'm starving," he complained.

     kai rolled his eyes. "if only you were 18 in a kitchen with lots of food and leftovers." he said, exasperatedly.

     "whatever, cant you make something? i like when you cook," he said. kai smiled and soobin could tell he boosted his ego.

     "well, i guess, just something quick, though." light work, soobin thought. taehyun laughed and patted kai's shoulder. "i'm gonna shower," he said. kai nodded and he walked off.

     kai walked to the kitchen and soobin wasted no time before running up behind him and spinning him around quickly by the shoulders. "hey-"

      "what the hell happened?! where were you? with taehyun?" he whisper shouted. kai panicked and put a finger to his lips, eyes wide. "would you shut the hell up? tell the whole country, why don't you??"

     soobin rolled his eyes, shaking kai by the shoulder. "whatever, tell me!"

     kai shook his head. "nothing happened! he just asked me to come out with him t-to walk, and we just walked and-"

     "walked? what the hell? did he flirt? did you flirt?"

     "well, kinda, i mean- it was kinda weird i-" soobin threw his head back. "kai! you can't! seriously,"

     kai swallowed. "kai, you know i want you to be happy, i do, but taehyun..." he trailed off and kai nodded.

     "that's not what you deserve, and i know i say a lot of stuff about how you two should get together, but you know that it's bullshit, right? i don't want to see you hurt again,"

     "i know," he mumbled, looking at the ground, a bit disappointed. soobin flicked his forehead. "ow!"

     "hey! chin up, i bet it was amazing, huh? tell me everything, and make me something to eat!"