NINETEEN

the bell rang and soobin darted out the class first, not minding anyone else in the halls and making his way to the exit. "soobin!" he heard, turning around to look.

fuck, it's yeonjun. he walked up next to him and threw his arm around his shoulder, a wide smile spread on his face. "wanna come over for a little?" he asked.

soobin blinked. bad timing, yeonjun...

"uh-" yeonjun interrupted him. "actually, i wanna go to your house, i haven't seen mrs. choi in a while. that good?" he asked, still happy as ever.

soobin swallowed as they walked out the doors, glancing over to his side to see beomgyu standing at the gate, thankfully facing the other way. he tensed up a little and yeonjun noticed, slowing down.

"what's wrong with you?" he asked. soobin didn't answer. yeonjun turned his head to where soobin was looking and was met with defeat. his smile faded and he cleared his throat, removing his arm from around the other.

soobin looked over to him. "go," yeonjun said. soobin stared at him. "go?"

yeonjun nodded his head towards the side gate and tried not to look soobin in the eye. "i know,"

soobin tilted his head. "know what?" he asked. he could feel the sadness in yeonjun's usually loud and excited voice, shoulders slumping a bit.

"everything, i know it all. i'm sorry for keeping you," he said, finally looking up at soobin. soobin felt confused, everything? what's everything? he wasn't sure if he should comfort him or just leave him. he had permission, right?

"jun..." he started, reaching out to put his hand on his shoulder. yeonjun shook his head and grabbed his hand, clasping them together for what felt like the last time, maybe? fuck.

"i'll be fine, just go, i want you to," he said, smiling slightly. soobin felt his chest weigh down on him and he stared at their hands together, wondering why it suddenly hurt so much.

yeonjun pursed his lips and pulled his hand away, placing both in his back pockets, shifting uncomfortably and waiting for soobin to leave.

soobin stared down at the ground for a second before yanking yeonjun to the side, away from the crowd of people leaving. he swallowed and threw himself over the other, hugging him for the first time in a while.

yeonjun held his hands in the air and stumbled back a little. "s-soobin?"

soobin shook his head and squeezed him tight, burying his face into his neck. yeonjun frowned a little and felt his face and eyes burn profusely, slowly wrapping his arms around the other and patting his back.

"im sorry," soobin mumbled. "really,"

yeonjun tried his best to smile. "i had it coming, im sorry too," he said, making the most of what would be a very short moment. "just swear you won't forget me,"

"forget you? who do you think i am?" soobin laughed a little, pulling away and feeling his chest burn a little when he looked yeonjun in the eye. "fuck, this is seriously happening,"

yeonjun smiled, shrugging. "it was bound to, i guess," he mumbled, no longer avoiding eye contact. "i have feelings for you," he said.

soobin blinked. what the fuck.

"um, i-i-" yeonjun stopped him. "i know, it's whatever, i just wanted to say it at least once." he said quickly, feeling his cheeks heat up with embarrassment. he'd never felt like that in front of him before.

"go now, seriously, it's been a while already," he said, trying to stay nonchalant. soobin smiled and nodded. "see you around," he said before hurrying off.

yeonjun was left off to the side under the shade all by himself. he leaned against the wall and stared at the ground for a moment.

he shook his head and bounced up. "it's fine, jun, we're good. we're good? we're chill." he mumbled to himself, putting a lil pep in his step as he walked to meet his friends as if nothing had happened. he had trouble ignoring the weight on his heart and the ache in his stomach and head, but did his best to forget about it.

soobin ran quickly over to where beomgyu had been standing and waiting for a handful of minutes. he stood in front of him with his hands on his knees, panting for a moment. beomgyu stared at him.

"what took you so long..." he asked, sun shining bright in his face. soobin held a finger up and tried to catch his breath before standing up straight again. "i-im sorry, had to take care of something,"

beomgyu scoffed and turned away from him, walking on his way. soobin groaned a bit and stared at him from behind for a second before running up to him.

he put his hand on his shoulder. "hey, chill, i have stuff to say," he said, pulling him to a stop.

beomgyu swallowed and stood in front of him, trying to prepare himself for it all. he'd been waiting since the day he first saw him to hear it, but it was fucking scary.

soobin put a hand over his head to block the sunlight and squinted. "i like you, choi beomgyu,"

     beomgyu felt his stomach flip. "a lot, i like you a lot," soobin glanced down and quickly grabbed beomgyu's hand.

     "i'm sorry i took so long, and im sorry i played with you like that," he said with a sigh before continuing, "but i'm serious now, i'm going to try for you and i'm going to change,"

     beomgyu breathed quietly and nervously stared at him in the eyes. "all for you,"

[ a / n : NEED 😭 ]

     "y-you mean that? because really soobin, i-im done with the games and the-"

     "i mean it, i do," soobin interrupted him, squeezing his hand tightly. "at first i thought i was just confused but- but i know now, i can't stand being without you,"

     beomgyu stared up at him squinting without words. "and i swear it's not for sex," soobin said, laughing a little. "i want to hug you and kiss you and hold your hand and take you out, all of that,"

     "i can't promise i'll be the best at it but i can promise that i'll try my best and i'll do whatever it takes to make you happy,"

     beomgyu chewed on his cheek and breathed shakily, his hand sweating as soobin squeezed it tight. "please, gyu?"

     after a few seconds of silence, beomgyu finally smiled and hopped up. he kissed soobin quickly on the cheek and grinned from ear to ear, skipping away. soobin stood for a moment, a little shocked.

     "beomgyu? hey!" soobin shouted, running to catch up.

     "what does that mean? am i just supposed to-"

     "i like you too, soobin, even though that might be a huge shock for you," he giggled. soobin couldn't hide his smile. "t-then what? what now?"

     beomgyu hummed. "well, i'm not going to take you as a boyfriend or anything crazy yet.. but i guess we can try," he said.

     soobin scoffed. "you guess?" he said, clasping their hands together and walking by his side.

     "i guess,"

a / n
FML 😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔
guys this story finallu wrapping up soon everyone cheered