TEN

— semi mature ( barely )

soobin rubbed his eyes as he looked at himself in the full length mirror propped up against the wall, fixing his hair and hoodie to walk out of the room.

he opened the door with a stretch and a yawn, placing his hands in his pockets as he trudged up behind kai and tapped his shoulder.

kai turned around and slapped him on the arm. "ow!"

"asshole..." he mumbled, aggressively passing a couple chives and gesturing towards the sink. soobin snickered.

kai slapped his arm. "wash it," he said. soobin put his hands up and scoffed as he walked to the sink.

yeonjun snickered and nudged him from the side. "you scared, huh?" soobin rolled his eyes, hurrying to wash the greens. he shook his head. "what's he gonna do?"

beomgyu, chopping various vegetables at the counter blinked as he stared at the two boys over at the sink together. he chewed on his cheek and gulped nervously. he didn't notice, but he must've been staring too long as he felt a sharp sting on his finger. "ah-"

he dropped the knife and looked down to his pointer, a little blood trickling down it. soobin turned around quickly and blinked, stepping over and holding beomgyu's hand in his own. he clicked his teeth and glared at him. "why don't you pay attention?" he asked, reaching up a shelf to find a first-aid kit.

taehyun and kai, stirring a pot of whatever soup, stared at the two before glancing at each other and making a face. lovebirds.... blegh.

yeonjun cleared his throat awkwardly before turning back to the sink, not really interested in watching soobin care for him.

"kai, can i...?" soobin asked, gesturing to beomgyu's finger and the couch. kai groaned and nodded.

he brought him over to the sofa and opened up a small red first aid kit, pulling out whatever ointment and blablabla soobin's a pro doctor you get it.

beomgyu stared blankly at his face as he did so and his breath was loud. soobin stopped and looked up. "what's wrong with you?"

he cleared his throat. "n-nothing, just," he looked away quickly. "thank you,"

soobin snickered and shook his head. he pulled a bandaid out and carefully wrapped it around his finger. "be more careful, kay? and put that back up for me," he said, patting the boys shoulder and getting up.

beomgyu stared down at the ottoman in front of the sofa for a moment before shaking his head and getting up. he walked over to the shelf and reached up, tippy toes, so close, inches away, only a little more, if he could just-

he felt a presence behind him as a familiar hand pushed the box up the remaining length. he turned around to find soobin standing there, inches away, his arm above him..

"fuck, not in the kitchen, jesus!" kai said, flicking water at soobin's face. "hey!" he shouted.

"hey my ass! are those chives clean yet?!" soobin groaned and turned back around to the sink, back next to yeonjun.

the five sat together at the little table on the ground, practically drooling after barely eating all day, forced to go through with kai's plan of a "family" dinner which took hours.

yeonjun passed a piece of pork onto soobin's bowl and it was quiet. so fucking awkward....

kai cleared his throat. "um...guys..." he said. taehyun slammed his fist on the table and the rest of them jumped. "what the hell is your problem?!" yeonjun started.