chapter 1

a long time ago.
There were two races living in harmony.
Monsters and humans living side by side in peace.
Until one day a war broke out.
The monsters were the ones to start this war, their instinctive kind natures shifting and becoming what they truly are, monsters.
The humans only survived the war due to them having physical bodies unlike the magical brutal species did. Humans were built to survive, unlike the monsters.
Seven human mages used the last of their magic to seal the monster race underneath mount ebott where they will permanently stay unless they managed to get ahold of seven human souls to break the barrier.
A possibility that was never to happen.
The mages made sure that the monsters wouldn't ever escape the mountain and to never cause harm to another human again.
Only allowing monsters to plague the humans in stories and folklore but never in person again.
It is believed that they are still under the mountain, clawing away at the barrier in hopes to escape and pillage the humans once more.

"Yea right…fucking bullshit."  You muttered, snapping the small travel book shut looking out the window of the bus you were riding. Mount ebbot was your destination but not because you were one of those crazed tourists determined to find super natural activity or try to prove the so-called monsters were real.
No.
You were going to the mountain for one thing and one thing only.
Death.
You read articles of those who walked off the trails of the mountain and became forever lost. Lost to the point where bodies were never found and you didn't want to be found.
You have given up.
You didn't have any Hope to continue onwards.
You had no determination but just an endless cycle of depression.
It was winning, No matter what you did, what was the point?
You had nothing left to turn to, no family, having been cut out of your family simply because you didn't have the same views of them, because you were more open to your sexuality.
Your job? Fired, simply because you refused to serve some fucking bitchy Karen.
The only thing you did have going on for you then was the small band you were a part of and singing, playing, but your band members dispersed after a big argument.
Job interviews were a failure, no one was hiring or they were not hiring you. Rent was past due and the reminders kept being pressed on the door, including a warning about eviction.
What's the point?
Love was laughable, You could change for a person be whatever they wanted, even if it killed you slowly just for the taste of affection, a taste of being loved just to come home to see your current boyfriend or girlfriend fucking another in your damn bed.
You had nothing.

So you used the last few bucks you had to get a bus ticket and headed towards mount ebott. You couldn't help but to admire the scenery of the mountain as you walked up the trail, passing other hikers, giving a few of them an absent-minded head nod as you walked by…A few returned it.
You kept going up and up, your phone playing music, music you had once loved as you moved along.
The wind seemed to pick up and you looked at the sky watching dark clouds moving above as you kept walking. Seems like even the sky lost its hope for you too. You chuckled as you found yourself spotting a cave catching your attention. You headed towards it, trying to pretend that childlike wonder you had was coming out as you headed to it. You crouched down crawling into the caves entrance seeing the grooves of the cave.
"I could sleep here and no one would find me." You muttered as you moved along the cave.
it actually sounded peaceful, finding a spot in the cave to lay down and just sleep, away from everything, everyone.
You could make out a small ledge into the cave and move to it.
I wish…I could just be someone else…do something worth meaning..
You moved towards it, reaching towards it.
You took a step and you watched as the ledge got further and further from you, wind blowing through your hair as darkness grew around you, the only light being from the small entrance of the cave which was going smaller and smaller.
You thought falling would be the worst way to die.
But as you were surely falling to your death in enclasping darkness,
you felt as if you were floating, Flying even.
Your eyes closed and your arms outstretched as you found yourself embracing the darkness……