11

The world faded back in with color and Sans found himself looking for you in the lab. Finding you sitting under his working desk. Your eyes staring back at him, a hand to your chest.

"Kid?" He asked softly, softer than he normally would.

"This is the part where you leave right? Pretend i aint eva exist?" Your voice was dull, almost lifeless. So different from how rambunctious you were. Eyes moving to stare at the floor.

"Kid..Y/n.." He moved towards the desk.

"Now ya know. So now…You know there's nothing significant about me. " You let out a low weak chuckle. 

Sans moved to the desk.

He now kneeled you and yet didn't know you at all, but from the way your soul was softly wailing he knew touching you to provide some sort of touch of comfort would go badly.

So he sat down by the desk looking at you. 

"I know." He said watching how your body shrank away. "That you aint human, you ain't even a monster. You're nothing." He watched how your body shook your hands balling and balling into fists. He moved his left hand from his jacket pocket allowing the sleeve of his jacket to fall down past his wrists revealing his hand. 

"Just a thing. Like me, Like paps." 

Your eyes snapped up confusion filling your head distracting you from the dark clouds rolling behind your eyes. Your eyes falling on sans hand showing four holes in his hand. 

Like drilled holes. 

"I get feeling insignificant, kid. Do you know how it feels knowing you were created and deemed a failure shortly after being given life?" sans voice seemed so distant his eyelights on his hand and you noticed a tremble in his fingers. 

You found yourself moving under the desk making space watching those distant eyelights landing on you. Confusion on his face to understanding as you tapped the space you made. It would ve a huge tight fit but you offered it to him.

You knew that he knew that you liked hiding in small spaces, the feeling comforted you. That you had been teased about it. But here you were offering one of your few comforts towards him. 

You watched as Sans let out a small chuckle, it sounded as weak as yours. He moved carefully getting under the desk. 

You both had to rearrange and you found him helping you over his legs to sit between them. trying not to touch you. 

Not out of disgust but out of respect, out of comfort to you. 

Knowing how you could crave touch so much but yet become physically ill with it so fast. 

You criss crossed your legs and looked at sans hands resting on his knees. Looking at his drilled left hand, the holes were so small and yet, you knew they had a huge significance.

"Created?" You asked wondering if you should push the subject or not, so you left in the air. 

"...Yea created. I'm an artificial kid. Nothing really but a husk of a body that mimics a monster everyday. Not even a full clone of one." He answered with a thin voice.

"...Like a test tube baby?" You asked and Sans snorted. 

"Sure. we'll go with that." Sans allowed the terminology, it wasn't far stretch off. 

"Volts, I was taught this world was killed or be killed the moment I had my first breath and about the time I had my 10th thousand breath I was deemed a failure." 

"Papyrus?" Your voice questioned and Sans looked down at you. 

"Nah. He would've been perfect in his standards….I love my bro, don't get me wrong. But now looking at him…Sometimes, I want to dust him." Sans said seeing your face of confusion and he sighed.