21

Three little hands went to slam down on the load but it refused them.

All three children gasped as the button was suddenly covered and wrapped up by red strings that seemed to come from their soul, a blasting yellow barrier blocking them from touching the load. 

Three bright fragments of a soul attached to the strings softly floated above the option.

The three children watched eye wide as the fragments started to change shapes until they formed into other halves shapes that seemed to perfectly match the missing pieces of the shared soul they split into thirds. 

There was a soft humming coming from the soul fragments that oddly calmed each child down.

"Papa.." Frisk cried as they hovered a hand under a soul fragment, the fragment glowed brightly, humming a soft quiet melody. 

"ℍ𝕖𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕕?" Chara softly asked bringing one of their phantom hands under another soul fragment, eyes widening as it hummed to them as well.

"[H̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅p̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅?̲̅]" Asriel asked, doing the same motion as the other two children.

All three were at a loss for words as they stared at the bright fragments that glowed so brightly it lit up the darkness of their abilities.

The shards hummed a calming melody towards them before the fragments moved towards their chests.

All the kids gasped as they felt the fragments snapped in place with their souls making them all feel completely once again.

Frisk eyes widened as they looked at their soul and their eyes moved around the darkness of their ability, their power to see now instead of darkness was one giant glow of a galaxy. 

All three children looked at the sudden appearing Galaxy with awe and confusion as to why it suddenly appeared.

Yet they felt safe, protected as if a parent had placed a coat of comfort around them.

They all felt a hum in their souls from the fragments of the human who they saw died on tv soul, a promise being told to them.

Unheard words of comfort and assurance. 

The children looked at each other wide eyes before seeing the options, the only one that isnt blocked off was.

Continue. 

"guys its okay.." Frisk spoked out with tears falling down their face and hand over their chest.  The other children's eyes moved to them, staring at them in confusion. 

"Papa will be back." Frisk said a smile forming on their face "Cant yall feel it? He promises he will be back and he will take care of us, all of us!" 

"[Y̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅k̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅F̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅k̲̅]." Asriel spoke feeling uncertain as he held his own chest.

But even he couldn't feel that uncertain feeling, the warmth of a parents ghostly arms wrapping around him and holding him. 

"It's true! we have to stay determined that papa knows what he's doing!" Frisk Insist.

Chara remained silent holding their chest, they felt tears leaving their eyes and they wiped their faces in surprise that they were indeed crying. Their chest felt so warm, a ghostly hand on their shoulder assuring them, accepting them even though the ghostly hand had never met them.