chapter thirty

I woke up by a gentle shake of one of the nurses. Hello ma'am. oh i'm so sorry. no its fine i wanted to ask if you maybe want some water and if i should prepare a bed on the sofa since thats maybe more comfortable. No its fine i'm good. i said and she smiled as i started couching a bit. Are you okay? yes i am fine. it sounded as a terrible couch. she said and i shook my head. its fine. do you smoke. i uhm. i said and looked at carlos as i know he would clearly kill me. i get it you want me to check for any throat infections. can you? yes just open your mouth. she said and i did what she asked. its quite red. she told me. but isn't it supposed to be. well it looks infected you should take a painkiller for it and antibiotica. i will get that tomorrow thank you. i said and she shook her head. there you go start today i'll write it in your documents. gracias. i said and she smiled.

he will make it so you should stop worrying and doing things who will tear your health apart. i'm so scared to lose him once again. you did? yeah one time i was pregnant with his kid the day i wanted to surprise him is the day he broke up with me cause my family wanted it. i've been through so much but now i have him back live was amazing i just want him to hold me and his son again. I said letting it all out. I'm positive he will wake up and hold you and your son again. I gave her a sad smile and the nurse smiled at me. I have to go. Yes. I said and looked at carlos.

I got up to sit on the chair and leaned my head on the bed falling asleep not much later.

I woke up again but now by a doctor who was checking carlos. Buenas días. I said and the doctor smiled. He's doing fine. I nod and did my hair in a bun as i looked at carlos. Did he squeeze your hand yet? No i mean I thought he did but it may is that i wanted it to much. Sorry? I think i imagined it. Okay call us when he wakes up. Will he today? I don't know it can last weeks or months. I sighed and he left. I felt tears fall off my cheeks and tried to wish them away but they became more and more.

Carlos wake up please. I mumbled while couching since my throat started to burn up more. i kept looking at him making sure i would see it when he would mov but he didn't and so passed another week where i was not myself. the only thing i picked up was watching my son. Arónnie shall we go to the hospital?

I asked and he nod. We walked to the hospital and went to carlos his room. Papa? He said and i sighed. Papa is not awake yet amor. For how long? I don't know cariño. I said and Aròn sighed. I sat on the bed side and ruffled his hair gently.

I heard small sobs from behind and knew it was Aròn. He finds it real difficult to visit here but he wants to see his dad.

I got up and walked to him. Mama i want papa to wake up. I understand mi amor but we have to wait he will wake up soon and race again making us proud by winning alot. I had a nightmare about it. He mumbled and i nod. I know love but look a crash can always happen thats the scary side of papa his work but you should know nowadays when something like that happen they will be alright. The doctors at the track made some big mistakes by letting him walk. So Papa will be alright. He will be fine. I said with all the power i had to sound believable but i also was questioning everything but i can't let Aròn know about that.

I kissed his cheek as a doctor walked in. Mrs? Diaz. I said and shake his hand as i never saw this doctor before. And you are? He said and i smiled as i closed Aròn his ears gently to say girlfriend. He doesn't know about us officially i want to keep it like this.

And this is Aròn his son. The doctor was clearly confused but just nod. We should talk. He said and i nod. I gave Aròn my phone and followed the doctor