Chapter 9

Please comment and vote <3

___

Yoongi took the two year old Seokjin to the palace. It was easy convincing Seokjin to come with him because, one, he is a king and two, Seokjin was just a child. Yoongi thanked the gods that no one else approached Seokjin before him, because then Seokjin could have been in danger at the hands of thieves or some evil family.

Seokjin walked slowly into the palace halls while holding Yoongi’s index finger with his tiny hand. His tears had come to the stop when he heard that his grandfather has become a fairy. He looked around the big doors and halls in awe. This was nothing like his home in the forest.

Yoongi took him to his and his wife’s shared room to discuss about his idea of adopting Seokjin. He wasn’t one to bring orphans to the palace for adopting them, but something about Seokjin that he couldn’t pin point made him have the sudden urge to adopt him.

Yoongi met with his wife and to his happiness, she agreed to adopt Seokjin. Now Seokjin was officially a part of Han kingdom. But he kept the secret of adoption of Seokjin from the commoners because he didn’t want people to judge him because of where he came from, but from the person he will become.

The people didn’t protest when Seokjin was presented as Yoongi’s son when he was 2 years old because it was common for Royalties to hide any information about the new born until they were okay to tell the public.

They welcomed the 2 year Seokjin with love. A year later Yoongi’s wife, Kim Chaeyoung delivered Namjoon and a year later, Taehyung. Seokjin was brought up with the other two boys with equal royalty. Yoongi just loved Seokjin so much, that he told Seokjin that he is his real father.

Ofcourse it was hard to calm Seokjin once he threw a tantrum as to why they left him in forest, but Seokjin eventually felt happy.
Everything was going happily , until that day.

The day when the presentation ceremony was held,  he was 11 years old when the crown imprint appeared on his upper arm. Seokjin was happy, but someone else wasn’t. That someone couldn’t believe that they let danger in infront their eyes, that they let it live with them for years.

The presentation ceremony ended with Yoongi announcing Seokjin as his next rightful heir to the throne.

Yoongi was confused. Sure he was happy that Seokjin was happy, but also confused as to how a kid from healer’s family could have a crown imprint. That only meant one thing. Seokjin was already an adopted child of that grandfather, and that he was from a royal family.

He thought Seokjin was from one of the neighbouring kingdom, but no matter how many spies he sent, he couldn’t find out anything about Seokjin. After a while he stopped bothering about it, because what mattered was Seokjin was a righteous and kind hearted king.

Seokjin started receiving hurtful letters a few months after his presentation ceremony that revealed the truth that he was an adopted child. His world fell apart. The letters stated that he isn’t the rightful king and it should be Namjoon.

The training for his skills in excelling ruling started sometime later. He skipped many classes thinking that Yoongi will announce Namjoon as the next king seeing that Seokjin isn’t worth it. But he continued his classes once he saw how heartbroken Yoongi was after hearing about Seokjin skipping classes. He didn’t want to disappoint Yoongi.

He was trained by the chief commander of army, Jung Sejun and acquired extreme skills in sword fighting. He was undoubtedly the best next heir after Yoongi, people loved him and were thankful he would be their next king. He was smiling in front of everyone but crying behind closed doors each night.

He still received those letters, but he never found out who sent them. Namjoon also started acting different with him. Always belittling him when no one was around. But Seokjin kept quiet, because he was only an adopted child anyway, so he had no right to oppose them.

Seokjin was also confused as to why he had a crown imprint if he was just some adopted child and once wondered if the letters were false, but his doubt got answered when he heard his father and mother discussing about who should be the king when he heard his mother say he wasn’t their real child.

<< << - >> >>

Seokjin was frustrated after hearing Namjoon. He was frustrated with everything. The brother that once loved him was constantly belittling him, and there’s Jungkook whom Seokjin didn’t know what to do with.

‘And those damn letters’

Namjoon was startled when Seokjin screamed out of frustration. “Get the hell out Namjoon! What did I ever do to you?! If you so badly want to have the throne, go ask our father! And no, he doesn’t pity me! And even if he did, I still care and respect enough to not just throw the throne he gave in my responsibility just because  someone like you told me to!”

Namjoon stood still, contemplating whether to leave the place or retort. He chose the latter, he just doesn’t want to lose! He scoffed “I can’t believe, you sti-“ Seokjin cut him “Oh Shut up! I don’t want to hear you blabbering nonsense at night! I need sleep! Get the hell out!” Seokjin pushed him out of his room and locked the door.

Namjoon didn’t make any further protest because it would ruin his reputation if he was shouting at the hallway at night like some mad man. Seokjin sat on his bed, grabbing his hair in frustration. He shouldn't have shouted at Namjoon.

He didn't have any right to!

He needed peace, so he made his way through the forest to his garden on his horse.