Chapter 26

:)

____

Jungkook slid down the wall, folding his legs and burying his head in his hands as he cried. He felt bad for Seokjin. The way Seokjin would talk about his mother so nicely and full of love broke him.

Jungkook didn't realize how long he was crying until a hand was placed on his shoulders, making him look up. His vision wasn't clear as tears gathered in his eyes.

"Why are you crying, boy?"

Jungkook wiped his tears and looked up to see an old man crouching near him.

"W-Who are you?" Jungkook asked, wondering if this person would also hurt him.

"I'm a servant, and here," The man held a plate of food and a glass of water for him. "I was ordered to serve you this."

Jungkook grabbed the glass of water hastily and gulped it down in an instant. He hadn't drunk water in two days, and spilling tears had just dehydrated him even more.

He gave the empty glass back as he thanked the servant. The man pushed the plate of food to Jungkook. But Jungkook shook his head and pushed the plate back.

"I-I don't want it," Jungkook said.

"You need to eat it, child. It's not easy here," the old man said.

"I-I can't eat it. I don't want it." Tears gathered in Jungkook's eyes as he refused to eat. Food reminded him of Seokjin. That's how they got close, and he wished it was Seokjin in front of him who was telling him to eat.

"Son, I know you don't feel like eating, but you must. You need to survive if you want to escape someday."

"J-Jin hyung will save me. I know he will," Jungkook said, attempting to wipe his tears, which wouldn't stop.

"'Jin hyung'? You mean our King? Are you close with him, boy?"

Jungkook nodded, looking at the man. "Yes," Jungkook said in a soft voice.

The man sighed. "He won't be able to find you, I'm sorry."

Jungkook looked like he saw some ghost. "H-He will! He's a king; he can easily find it!"

"That's not what I mean...this-this place is very well hidden. Why do you think they were able to hide it without His Majesty's knowledge for so many years? Only people who work here know how to go and come back." He sighs.

"T-Then...can't you help me get out of here...?"

The old man looked at Jungkook with sympathy in his eyes. He could see the desperation and hopelessness in the young man's face. "I wish I could, child. But it's not that simple. I am just a servant here, and if they find out I've helped you, they'll punish me severely," he explained softly.

Jungkook's heart sank. The realization that escaping wouldn't be as easy as he had hoped hit him hard. He felt a sense of despair creeping over him once again.

"But...maybe...maybe there's another way," the old man continued, his voice barely above a whisper. "You can write a letter to His Majesty, which I can help get to him. And, if you'd like, I'll draw a map to this place, so that he can find it easily."

__________

I sorry that this chapter is so dumb ;-;

I'll update more in a few days.