Chapter 25

Hello :]

_______

Seokjin sent out spies with a drawing of Jungkook as described by him. They were sent in all directions. Yoongi still didn't know what was happening, but he didn't interfere, letting Seokjin handle the situation himself.

It was almost evening, and they were still searching. Unfortunately, Seokjin and Taehyung were still clueless. Seokjin was growing impatient with every passing minute, and it worried Taehyung. He sent for Jimin, asking if he could help.

Seokjin couldn't keep his train of thought from thinking the worst. What if someone abused him? What if someone tortured him? What if someone killed -

Taehyung shook his hyung by his shoulders, distracting him from the disturbing thoughts. Seokjin looked up at him from where he was sitting.

They had stopped near a riverbank for drinking water and letting their horses rest before they could continue their search. Seokjin sat down, leaning his back on a tree, and closed his eyes, letting his thoughts run wild.

The sun was starting to set, and Taehyung suggested they get back before it gets dark. Seokjin shook his head.

"You go ahead; I'll keep looking," Seokjin said as he got up and heaved a sigh.

"Hyung, I understand you want to keep looking, but where will you even look for him in the dark?" Taehyung said as he placed his hand on Seokjin's shoulder.

"Then what am I supposed to do after getting back?" asked Seokjin.

"You can rest till morning-"

"You really think I would be able to sleep tonight?" Seokjin scoffed sadly.

Taehyung sighed, brushing his fingers through his hair. "Hyung, I know you are worried. I am too, but there's no point in searching in the dark. Besides, our spies are still out there, searching. We can go, rest, and maybe we will get some clues about where Jungkook is."

Seokjin looked at the sun setting. He knew Taehyung was right. He wouldn't be able to do anything in the dark. So, he agreed, and they headed back to the palace.

_____

Jungkook woke up in the evening after he heard someone talking. He cried and had exhausted himself to sleep, and these talks broke his slumber.

He wet his dry lips. He was thirsty but knew he wouldn't be given any if he asked. So, he got up and dragged his feet to the metal door and attached his ears to the door, trying to eavesdrop.

"I don't understand what the guy in the cell has to do with the queen. Is he a spy or something? He doesn't look like that, though," said a guy, whom Jungkook assumed to be a soldier, probably talking with another one.

"Haven't you heard?" The guy laughed and continued in a whisper. "King Seokjin likes him."

"What!?" This time, both the soldier's and Jungkook's eyes widened. Jungkook wondered how they got to know about this. "But how? Is our Majesty attracted to men!?"

"I don't know to which extent this is true, but this is the reason I heard as to why the queen has captured him."

Who was the queen the soldiers were talking about, Jungkook wanted to know. And he got the answer as the soldiers continued to talk about the 'Queen'.

"I don't understand why the queen is doing all this to her own son-" Jungkook's eyes widened more than they did before. It was the Queen! Seokjin's mother!

"Hey! Lower your voice; what if someone hears you?"

"Yeah, sorry. But why is she doing this?"

"Didn't you know? He was apparently adopted! She does all of this just so her real sons can have the throne."

"Ohhhh. It all makes sense now."

Jungkook couldn't believe all of this. He wished this was all just a nightmare he would soon wake up from. His heart broke knowing that the person whom Seokjin loved dearly would do all of this to hurt him. Seokjin didn't deserve this.

He hoped it was all a lie, and that he was just hearing things.

<<<<<*>>>>>

Pls vote and comment <3

So....what do you think about the new revelations? Is it true or was he just hearing things?