I saved you

"You mean Snape actually smiled?!" Neville asked leaning over the table in the great hall. "I think you're crazy."

"Oh I promise you that he did! Right after he called me by my first name and helped me stand up."

"Now I think you're really nuts Hermione. That's not Snape. You obviously hit your head a lot harder than you thought."

"Oh come on Neville! It's possible." Hermione sighed and took a bite out of her toast and stood up. "I've got to get to transfiguration."

With that, Hermione was heading out of the great hall towards McGonagalls classroom. When she was rounding a corner, she slammed into a dark tall figure. She stumbled back a little and began to apologize but when she noticed who it was, she stopped.

"Oh it's you. Well then. I'll see you tonight professor." She said trying to walk away but a strong hand grabbed her arm before she could leave. "Ouch! That hurts!"

"You know Miss Granger, I do not appreciate how rude you have been to me these past 24 hours. It is not how a student should be addressing a teacher, and quite honestly, it's not like you."

"How do you know that it's 'not like me'? You don't know anything about me."

Snape glared at her and pulled her into an empty classroom to the right. "Why do you all of the sudden hate me so much? I know you always have, but you've never expressed it like this before."

"Sir, I am late for my class."

"Miss granger, unless you would like an extra month of late night detentions, I suggest you start talking."

"I saved your life. I stayed behind for you. And for what? For you to come back here and act like nothing ever happened?"

"Excuse me?"

Hermione stared at him. Her caramel eyes pierced his onyx ones. "You still treat everyone the same, or even worse. You got a second chance, and you're wasting it. I could never respect someone who did that." Hermione let out a strong breath before continuing. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have class to get to."