Apologies

Hermione reached the potions classroom door and she gave a small knock.

"Come in" she heard from the other side so she slowly opened it and poked her head in.

Snape was sitting at his desk scratching away at more essays when he looked up at her. "Do you wish to spend detention halfway through the door?"

Hermione cleared her throat and stepped into the room closing the door behind her. She stared at him for a moment. She was surprised when the thought entered her head that his facial features were very prominent in the lighting. The way the shadows were cast under his cheekbones caught her attention the most.

"I have some first year essays for you to look over. I cannot stand to read their horrible writing, so you will do it." He said pulling a stack of parchment out of his drawer and holding it to her. She walked forward and went to grab the stack. As she reached her hands for it, she made herself touch his hand again. Her pointer finger grazed across his. It was as soft as before.

This action did not go unnoticed by him. He cleared his throat and quickly pulled his hand away. "Do not grade them easily. You've had me for seven long years, so I assume you know my grading style."

"Yes sir." Hermione sat at the desk closest to him. "Do you have any red ink that I could use?"

Without looking at her, he pulled open a drawer and brought out a small jar of red ink and placed a quill next to it. She got up and went to his desk to retrieve them. When she grabbed them, he looked up at her and she smiled.

"Well that's a dramatic mood change" he said when she turned her back.

"Excuse me sir?"

"This morning you were awfully rude to me. You said things that should not be said by a student and then you stormed off. Now you are smiling, so I am noting that it is a dramatic mood change."

Hermione looked down at her feet. "I would like to apologize professor. My behavior this morning was awful and I shouldn't have said what I did." She looked back to him. His eyes were fixed on hers. "I'm sorry sir. For the things I said to you."

This caught him by surprise. He leaned back in his chair and put his hands to his mouth. "I think tonight is a bad night." He exhaled loudly. "We will resume your detentions tomorrow. Now go away"

Hermione stood shocked for a moment then set the quill and ink back down on his desk. She slowly walked out of the classroom and sighed when the door was finally closed.

"What are you doing Hermione?" She asked herself "You cannot fall for that horrible teacher."