Babysitter

Hermione sat in the chair facing professor Mcgonagalls desk tapping her foot uncontrollably. It had been twenty minutes since she had left to go get Ginny. "Why could be taking her so long?"

"Calm down hermione, she is trying to wake a teenager."

Hermione stared over at him. She could see his face was blank but his eyes told a much different story. He was scared, and that scared her.

"Severus," she stood and walked over to him, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Whatever happens to us, I just want you to know that it was worth it."

He looked at her and let a very slight smile creep onto the sides of his mouth. He pulled her into a tight embrace. They didn't notice that the door had been opened and professor mcgongall and Ginny weasley stepped inside.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat causing both of them to jump. Hermione stepped away from Severus and met Ginny's gaze.

"I have already spoken to Miss Weasley about the most important things. She assures me that what you two have is.... Special."

Severus snorted a little at this as he stared at the young gryffindor who stood in her pajamas.

"I must say, that I really do not want to deal with the board of governors right now. I just barely got them off my back."

Hermione looked up shocked. Was she saying what she thought she was saying?

"Now I can't just let this behavior slide. Miss Weasley, will you tell them what we have discussed?"

Ginny looked very uncomfortable as she shifted her weight slightly. "I um.... I am to accompany Hermione to the rest of her detentions."

"That's right. I can't have anymore of this happening in the school."

Hermione hung her head as she thought of Ginny having to sit through hours of detention.

"then let me pardon the rest of Hermione's detentions." Severus said. "I really have nothing else for her to do and I assume that was enough punishment for what occurred."

"Severus we both know that it is hardly punishment." Professor McGonagall laughed when she saw Hermione squirm. "Miss Weasley, can I trust you to keep an eye on them?"

"yes, professor." Ginny glared in the direction of Severus. She was not happy to be on babysitting duty.

"Now, miss Weasley and miss granger, you may return to your dorm." With a flick of her wrist, the door creaked open and they stepped through it quietly. Hermione turned just in time to catch one last glimpse of Severus before the door shut.

"Do you think he'll get in much trouble?" Hermione asked.

Ginny did not respond. She just looked ahead and stormed her way towards the gryffindor tower.

*************************************
Sorry for the short chapter, but it's better than nothing right?