Confrontation

"Ginny wait up!" Hermione called after her in the hallway on the way to their potions class. "Ginny?!"

She ran up to her and touched her on the shoulder causing her to whip around and glare at Hermione. "What on earth could you possibly want from me? Have I not done enough for you already?"

"Wow Ginny, calm down."

"No I won't calm down! Why did you have to get me involved in this?!"

"If you'll recall," Hermione was beginning to get angry "you wouldn't stop bugging me about it. You wouldn't have been involved if you had just left me alone."

"Oh, so now this is my fault?"

"Yes! You're the one that followed me! You're the one who got yourself involved." Hermione was fuming. She glared at Ginny and waited for a response.

Ginny sat there stunned. Hermione had never yelled at her like that before (though she had deserved it). She watched Hermione for a moment before turning and storming off in the opposite direction of the classroom.

Hermione sighed and turned on her heels to continue to class. Her cheeks were burning red and she threw her bag onto the desk causing those around her to jump slightly. Severus watched her closely as she violently pulled her books out of her bag then threw it on the floor.

Class went by slowly and Hermione doodled on her parchment as her potion came to a boil. The sent of freshly mown grass filled her nostrils and she smiled happily. She looked into her cauldron quite satisfied with how it turned out. She raised her hand and waited for Professor Snape to make his was toward her.

When he crossed in front of her desk, he looked emotionless to everyone (except her). He leaned over and smelled the potion also examining its color and thickness.

"We'll Miss Granger, I see that you're not entirely incompetent."

"Thank you Professor."

He walked away without another word and she smiled. She almost got a compliment from him in class.

As Hermione cleaned up, she didn't notice Draco standing right behind her watching her every move. She turned around and came face to face with him causing her to stumble back.

"I want a word with you Granger."

"Excuse me?"

"Let's say we take a little walk."

She followed him reluctantly to an empty classroom just down the hall. She pulled her cloak tighter around her and gripped her wand in her pocket as he shut the door.

"What do you want Malfoy?"

"So how is he?"

"How is who? Harry?"

"No you idiot. My godfather."

"How should I know?"

He laughed and moved around. She could tell something was amiss about him. He never enjoyed her presence.

"Your night in the forest was an eventful one wasn't it?"

Hermione's eyes widen. She tried to hide it but Malfoy caught her panicked expression just in time.

"That's what I thought. So how is he? Is he scared?"

"Now what on earth would he be scared about?"

"You do know my father escaped don't you? Well I assume he'll come after Snape. He is after all, the only death eater that wasn't thrown in azkaban."

"is that a threat or a warning? I can never tell what side you're on." Hermione breathed slightly as he let a playful smirk dance across his face.

"I guess you'll just have to figure that out for yourself." He crossed in front of her and opened the door. "I'd just keep a close eye on him. You never know what could happen to the poor old man."

He exited leaving Hermione speechless. How would she tell Severus?