Midnight Meeting Part 1

Hermione sat up I bed waiting for the her Auror (who she recently found out was named Jackson) went to sleep. She reached into her book bag and extracted the cloak quietly and slipped it over her shoulders.

She felt horrible. She never encouraged Ron and Harry to use the cloak to sneak around after hours, and here she was doing it herself.

She inhaled gently and slipped out the door of the seventh year dormitory. She walked down the stairs to the common room and saw Jackson soundly sleeping on a chair positioned right by her.

She put the cloak over her head and face and slowly went towards the portrait hole trying hard not to make any sounds.

As she tip-toed the floor below her would gently creak occasionally causing Jackson to stir but it never pulled him from his sleep.

Once out of the portrait hole, she let out a breath that she had been holding almost the entire way across the common room. Her heart was racing and she still had half the castle to get through.

She could feel the adrenaline rushing through her body with every step that she took. Her toes against the cold stone floors sent echoes that seemed louder than a scream to her. She walked around corners praying she wouldn't come face to face with a teacher, or worse, be seen by peeves.
Luckily she was able to make it all the way down to the main entrance without encountering anyone.

She leaned up against a statue and slouched down into its corner so she could relax and get her heart rate steady again. All was quiet except for the sound of distant footsteps coming towards her.

She pulled herself as far into the corner as she possibly could keeping her knees tightly pulled against her chest. She took slow silent breaths as emerald green robes came into view followed by a blonde haired boy.

"Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall started "I assure you that I have no idea of your fathers whereabouts. Nobody knows where any of the escaped prisoners are."

"I just don't understand why I have to have a ministry official tracking every move of mine. They read all my letters and follow me everywhere!"

"I can't argue with the ministry. They have their own way of doing things." She sighed and waved her hand as she rubbed her left temple "now please go back to your dormitory. It's far to late for you to be up and about."

Draco gave a little glare that went unnoticed by professor McGonagall. She looked around as if she knew she weren't alone. Hermione held her breath as she made one way eye contact with her.

"Please, please,please don't see me" kept repeating in her head even though she knew she couldn't. "It's McGonagall, you never know what she knows."

McGonagall watched the statue for what felt like forever before shaking her head and turning and walking down the hallway.

Hermione let out her breath rather loudly and laughed a little to herself as she stood up. She continued down to the dungeons careful not to step too loudly.

Hermione reached the classroom door and gently opened it keeping it from creaking. She stepped inside and saw Snapes auror sleeping with his head on the desk.

She slipped passed him and into the door at the back of the classroom. She quickly went down the hallway and into the sitting room where Severus was sitting on the couch with his legs crossed as he read a book.

When he heard someone enter he quickly stood up and flipped around with his wand held high. Hermione pushed off the cloak and smiled at him.

"Weren't you expecting me?"

He scoffed and lowered his wand. He walked over to her and gently put his hands on her waist and leaned in so the tips of their noses were touching.

"How did you manage to get away?"

"Just a little bit of teenage mischief." He smiled and pushed her lips into his. "So how come I didn't know you had such an amazing collection?" She asked referring to all the books as she pulled away.

"I figured it wasn't any of your business." He took her hand and lead her to one of the shelves against the far wall. He watched her and she ran her hands across several of the books before pulling one out and turning to him.

"Mind if I borrow it?"

He started to laugh and lead her to the couch. They sat and she leaned up against him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she opened it and started reading.

He nestled his nose in her mess of curls and smiled as she flipped the old pages. "You really are a strange one."

"What on earth do you mean?" She said tearing her face away from the pages and looking at him.

"We haven't been alone together in two weeks and you leave for winter break on Friday. We are finally alone and you choose to read."

She giggled slightly and shut her book slowly. "Are you feeling neglected?"

"Oh not at all my dear, but I would prefer a little more attention." He slowly pulled her closer and their lips met again.

She moved herself to sit on his lap and her arms wrapped around his neck. His tongue gently traced her upper lip causing her to melt into his hands that were placed firmly on her back and upper thigh.

"Severus?" She managed to get out.

"Hmmm?" He mumbled pulling her closer. She waited minutes before saying anything allowing them to explore each others mouths a little more.

"I think I might be falling in love with you."

Severus paused. She looked over his face trying to find any emotion on it. His eyes had widen slightly but he kept eye contact with her.

"Please say something Severus." She waited but no answer came.