Finding Severus

It was getting close to Christmas and Hermione was struggling on deciding where she wanted to be.

She had been invited to the burrow, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to spend that much time around Ron. Things were still pretty raw between them and she didn't want any confrontation.

She could go home and be with her parents, but since she had restored their memories, well they hadn't been quite the same. They still loved her and had all the memories she did, but there was something off.

She still had a few days to figure it out so she continued to focus on her classes until the bitter end.

As she was walking down to the great hall for lunch, she saw Harry coming inside with Hagrid and Professor McGonagall. She ran over to him and gave him a big hug before asking why he was back so soon.

"Hermione," Harry looked worried "there was an escape at azkaban."

"What?!" Hermione took a step back she looked at Harry hoping to find some answers in his expression but found none. "I thought you had this under control Harry."

"Hermione, this isn't my fault!" His sudden snapping at her caused her to step back.

"I..."

"I'm sorry Hermione." Harry stepped toward her but she took another step back. "I didn't mean to snap. The ministry is just being slammed right now."

"I understand Harry, but I forgot that I left something in the potions classroom. I need it for my next class." She turned around and walked to the staircase to the dungeons. Once she was out of Harry's sight, she broke into a run for the potions room.

She didn't even bother to knock. She burst into the classroom and was surprised when she found it empty. She looked around frantically.

She ran to the door in the back of the classroom that she always thought was a storage room but when she looked inside she was shocked. She was in a long dark hallway that led to another closed door. She made her way down and opened the next door slowly.

She peered around and saw a small sitting room with a fireplace and many bookshelves. There was a fire lit but the room was empty. She stared at the large couch for a moment and tried to take in the amount of books as quickly as possible.

She walked to the last door hidden by the small table in the corner and knocked softly. She didn't receive an answer so she gently pushed the door open and walked into the poorly lit room. Once inside the blinked in the darkness trying to make out anything but struggle.

"Severus?" She whispered.

She heard a slight disturbance that sounded like someone turning in a bed. She inhaled slightly realizing where she was. She was in Severus's bedroom.

"Severus?" She said louder causing him too shoot up from where he was and he rush to her. He pushed her up against the door with his wand at her throat.
"Severus!" She struggled against his grip. "Let go!"

"Hermione?" Came a groggy voice in the darkness. His hand slowly let go of her and she was able to lean over and catch her breath. "What are you doing in here?"

"I was trying to find you!"

"Well you did." She heard him sit back down on the edge of the bed. "You idiot girl. Why did you feel as if you could invade on my personal space."

"I'm sorry Severus but I really need to talk to you before Harry finds you."

"Potter? I have no business with him."

"Believe me Severus," her voice sounded very worried. Her eyes were slowly adjusting and she walked to him and stood in front of him taking his hand in hers. "You do."