Beginning of Holiday

Hermione walked to the back of the potions classroom early Friday morning and opened the door to Severus' private quarters. Everyone had left the day before allowing Hermione a full day of reading alone in the common room.

As she walked into the sitting room she could hear snoring coming from the bedroom where the door was opened partially. She laughed to herself silently as she listened and crossed the room.

She pushed open the door and looked in. There was a small fire dying in the fireplace but it was enough light to make out Severus figure turned away from her in the bed. She tip toed over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder as she payed down behind him.

"Severus?" She whispered trying to coax him out of sleep. "Wake up."

He stirred a little but he didn't wake. She began to place soft kisses on the back of his neck. She rubbed his arm gently. She could feel him begin to wake up and a soft moan escaped his lips.

"What time is it?" A groggy voice came.

"A little past five."

"Now what in Merlins name are you doing up this early?"

"You said we had to leave before sunrise," she giggled "and I was excited."

His hand came up and clasped around hers. "We didn't have to leave this early."

"But I want to! Now get up and get dressed! Let's go! I just want to get out of here!" She started pulling at him and she could here a low laugh as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"You are a strange one" he said removing the covers and letting his bare feet touch the cold stone floor.

He crossed to the closet where he pulled out his infamous black robes. He went into the bathroom and she heard the shower turn on. She let her fingers run over the soft blankets of his bed. The room was basically empty except for a couple books and a chair facing the fireplace.

The shower turned off and Hermione waited in silence for a few minutes before Severus came out in his robes with wet hair. She stood and walked to him taking some of his hair in her hands. "You're going to catch a cold!"

He brought his face close to hers and she could feel his breath on her lips. "Then you'll have to warm me up." This comment sent chills up her spine and she melted into him. "Grab your trunk dear. It's time to go."

Hermione went into the sitting room where she had left her trunk and when she came back into the room, Severus had a pot of floo powder and was waiting by the now empty fireplace. He motioned for her to step in and after she did, he followed. He threw the powder down and said something she didn't quite understand because she was immediately spinning out of control. She gripped his sleeve tight as their feet hit a hard surface again.

Hermione stepped out into another dark sitting room. She felt dizzy and began to fall but she felt Severus help her to the floor. "Are you all right?"

"Fine, fine. I just don't like the floo very much... Or it doesn't like me."

"I'll go get you a glass of water."

He left her side and she sat alone looking around. It was mainly black (like everything with him) and the drapes were closed. She heard his footsteps returning and she smiled at him as he handed her the cold glass. She drank it slowly as he rubbed her back.

She turned around to face him and a small smirk flashed across her mouth.

"What?" He asked confused

"We're not at school anymore."

A smile went across his mouth as he leaned into her. "No we're not."

He put his arm around her waist and pushed his mouth against hers. Her hands went through his still wet hair.

Their breathing started to get heavier as their mouth massaged each others and their hands explored the others body. Severus moved his mouth down her neck and onto her collarbone.

"Severus," she whispered "maybe we should go somewhere more comfortable."

He pulled his face back to look at her. He laughed and reached an arm under her knees and another around her shoulders lifting her off the floor. "I know just the place."