Warning

Hermione grabbed her jacket and pushed her way out the front door. It was quite cold and a fresh blanket of snow was just beginning to fall. She looked around and turned to the right and walked down the abandoned street.

So many thoughts were running through her head along with painful memories from being tortured during the war. The flashbacks passed through and she caught glimpses of Severus standing in the corner emotionless watching as her body was violated.

As soon as a tear would leave her eye, it would freeze on her cheek and she's quickly wipe it away. She had so many questions but didn't have the courage to ask any of them. She knew that Severus would answer them immediately and truthfully but she didn't know if she wanted the truth.

The wind was cold and she fought it as she walked the tree line. The shadows were dark and she couldn't make out anything past about 10 feet in.

It was an odd feeling but she pressed on. She made it about 2 blocks before she started hearing slight crunching behind her. She whipped around and looked around but saw no one. She was all alone to her knowledge.

Cautiously she pulled her wand from the side of her boot and pushed it into her pocket but she kept a tight grip on it. She continued down the road  but kept a slower pace.

She slowed down when she heard a low chuckle right behind her. She turned quickly and saw a man with long blonde hair standing all but one foot away from her. He looked horrible. His eyes were surrounded my dark bags and his cheeks were sunken in.

"So what is the little mud blood doing so close to the potions masters house?"

"Hello Mr. Malfoy. I can't say that I'm surprised to see you here."

He chuckled again and took a small step towards her. She could feel his breath on her face and it smelled awful. She took two steps back and pulled her wand from her pocket and pointed it directly at him.

"Oh please hermione, there is no need for you to have that out. I just want to talk."

"What on earth about?"

"Well I'm actually here to give you a warning." A dark smile appeared on his face. He looked at her in a way that she didn't understand. It made her shudder  as she kept eye contact with him. "Don't think we don't know about you and Severus"

"Who is we?"

"Didn't your mother ever teach you that is rude to interrupt? We aren't taking his betrayal lightly. We aren't taking his disgusting relationship with you lightly. Watch yourselves. We're coming and this time, you won't win." He turned and walked into the woods before hermione had a chance to process what was said to her.

She looked around for any signs of anyone else before she broke into a run back to Severus' house to warn him.