A small meeting

Hermione sat quietly in the dungeons for detention as she waited for Harry. She knew he would be coming down soon to talk to Severus but she didn't know exactly when.

The silence was killing her as she watched Severus calmly writing down a few notes in his newest potions book. He was no doubt writing down what the editors got wrong and how to fix it.

The minutes ticked by and it felt like hours. Hermione looked around taking in the full grandeur of the room. Besides it being dark and cold, it was a marvelous classroom filled with different ingredients and supplies.

"I could give you something to do you know." Severus said breaking the silence. She hadn't noticed that he had been watching her as she looked around in awe. "Or you could just leave. I assume Mr. Potter will ask you to anyway."

"No he won't. We talked about it already and he said if you allowed it, I could stay if I wished." Hermione went to stand behind him, placing her hands on his shoulders and gently rubbing. "Are you alright?"

"I think as good as I'll ever be considering the situation." He turned his head to look up at her. Their eyes met and she smiled softly and fluttered her eyelashes. He reached his hand up and traced her jaw with his thumb.  His other hand came to the back of her neck and slowly pulled her down to him. Their foreheads met and they looked into each others eyes before Hermione pressed her lips into his.

Their kiss only lasted a small moment because as soon as it had started, there was a knock at the door. Hermione's head shot up and she ran back to the desk where her books lay open.

Severus cleared his throat and gave a small "come in".

Harry and professor McGonagall entered the classroom immediately noticing Hermione bent over a book. What they couldn't see was her eyes watching Severus and a smiled that stretched across her face. 

"Good evening Minerva." Severus growled as he shut his potions book and returned his quill to his drawer.

"Hello Severus. How are you doing?"

"Let us get to the point please, I'm very busy tonight."

Harry sighed and took a seat next to Hermione elbowing her slightly. He leaned in to whisper: "is he letting you stay?"

"We have to go into the forest to gather some ingredients after this, so yes, I'm staying."

"Now Severus," professor McGonagall said leaning up against one of the front desks. "I'm sure you've heard about the recent escape. You'll be assigned an auror. Just as added protection."

"Minerva, I do not need to be babysat. I am old enough to take care of myself"

"Severus, this is not up for discussion." With that, professor McGonagall and Harry left the room leaving a frustrated Severus rubbing his temples.