Still some pain

"Hermione?" Ginny whispered from the table next to Hermione's. "How did you find that mistake? I don't ever recall Snape bringing up this potion before!"

"I'm pretty sure it was when I was in detention earlier this year. He had me going through old potion books and I asked him about this one. Harry, Ron and I used it my first year."

"What?!" Ginny's voice got louder when she asked this which caught snapes attention.

"Granger! Weasley!"

"Sorry sir" Ginny said timidly and she returned to her essay.

Hermione was almost done with hers. She loved writing about different potions, especially ones that she had used before. She pulled out her wand and measured her essay and took it up to Snape. She smiled when he glared at her. He quickly pulled it out of her hand and motioned for her to sit back down. She did so, still smiling.

The entire rest of the class, Hermione flipped through her potions book reviewing as many potions as she could. When it was time for them to leave, hermione glanced around seeing that everyone had only a few paragraphs written.

"You coming Hermione?" Ginny asked as she started to walk out.

"Uh..." she glanced up at Snape who was still writing away at his parchment. "In a minute. I need to ask him something."

"Oh I'll stay with you!"

"No Ginny. It's fine. You go ahead."

Ginny looked at her confused. "Uh... alright. See you at lunch I guess."

She waited until the door closed fully behind Ginny, then she walked up to Snape's desk. She stood there waiting for him to stop writing and look up at her.

"Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to say something?" He said without looking.

"Well I was wondering if you would check my arm." She said starting to unwrap it. "It's really been hurting me, and I can't go to Madame pomfret because she will ask too many questions."

He sighed and stood up. He walked around his desk and sat down on the front right by Hermione. He took her right arm gently and helped unwrap the rest. He examined it carefully, looking up and down and twisting her arm slightly. She would occasionally flinch with some pain but he did not respond to this.

"It looks like it's healing well." he looked up into her face. "I don't have the slightest idea why it's still hurting you."

"Oh well then maybe I should go see Madame Pomfrey."

"No I see no reason to. Just give it one more day, and if it's still hurting, you can come back and see me."

Hermione just looked up and gave a slight smile. She turned around and grabbed her book bag and left the classroom without another word.