Board's Decision

The days passed by slowly as Hermione sat around the hospital. The board of governors had been informed of the relationship and were drilling her with questions about her past, her present, and her future. They had brought her to tears several times when they had informed her that she could have ruined Severus' life because she was "selfishly using him for love".

Hermione no longer had an IV and was mainly staying because of her emotional state. They were worried that she would have severe emotional trauma but she had built up a strong barrier long ago.

Severus was improving slowly. Hermione checked in several times a day to make sure he was taking his potions and wasn't harassing the mediwitches. He was able to stay awake for longer periods of time and they were beginning to have real conversations again.

"Has the board come back with its decision yet?" Hermione would ask as she sat at the foot of his bed knitting a scarf.

"Not that I'm aware of." Severus shifted slightly as he watched her small fingers maneuver the yarn with ease. "But the worst thing they can do is fire me."

"oh they wouldn't do that. You're the best potions maker in the entire United Kingdom."

Severus scoffed at this and laid his head back and sighed. " oh Hermione, I can't wait to get out of here. I just want to go home for a few days."

"Which home?"

"Wherever you are."

Hermione blushed and tried to cover her face with her hair but it didn't work. He laughed at her and reached out his hand to her. "Come here"

She took it willingly and moved up to straddle his thighs. She leaned down and kissed him softly, running her hands through his long black hair. He moaned which caused her to giggle and pull back.

"Well it seems like someone is feeling better."

"Well I'd hope so, I have a very pretty woman sitting on me."

She went in for another kiss not realizing that the door had opened and professor McGonagall had stepped in. She cleared her throat causing both Hermione and Severus to jump.

Hermione quickly jumped off the bed and tried to straighten her hair as McGonagall looked around awkwardly. "I'm... Very... Sorry to intrude but the board just informed me of their decision."

Her face showed no emotion which scared Hermione. She looked nervously to Severus who was sitting in his bed with a blank expression on his face.

"The board has agreed that Hermione is of consenting age and that since she is older than most students, no punishment will be given to either of you."

Hermione let out a sigh of relief and a squeal of excitement. She looked back to Severus who was just nodding peacefully.

"They left me to decide how far your relationship may go during school. Obviously, everyone knows that something is going on between the two of you, so that will be hard to keep quiet, but there will be no late night visits. You are not allowed to spend the night together. You are no allowed to be...." Professor McGonagall stopped and swallowed loudly "physically intimate." She seemed to gag a little but she shook it off quickly. "I am very happy to see how much you love each other but please do not expose the other students to it."

Hermione laughed. "I think we can handle that professor. Thank you."

McGonagall nodded her head and exited the room quickly. Hermione let out another squeal and ran back to Severus.

She grabbed his face quickly and forcefully pushed their lips together. He jolted in pain and Hermione pulled back and apologized.

Severus brushed his pain off quickly and growled as he grabbed her hips and pulled her into him. She let him slip his tongue into her mouth as her hand traced his chest.

"You are so perfect" Severus said pulling away for a moment to study her face. She still had several cuts on her cheeks and forehead but they were healing rather well.

Hermione blushed again as he leaned in and started kissing her neck. "At least I can still do this at school"

Hermione threw her head back and sighed. She reached over and picked up her wand that was sitting on the table beside his bed. With the flick of her wrist, they both heard the lock on the door click shut.

Hermione moved back up to straddle him. "Now where were we?"