8. Midnight Rain (S.coups)

Pairings: S.coups × y/n
Genre/tags: idol dating, confession, hidden feelings
Warning: insecure, cursing
[lmk if i miss anything]
Words: 700+
Disclaimer:
- this story is just made up
- english is not my first language, please be nice 😊

Note: not a happy ending? Just a short one again.

*******

"What did you say?" You ask. "I didn't... I didn't hear you properly..." you stutter.

But that was a lie. You did hear him. You heard him loud and clear that each word echoed and still ringing in your ears

"I said... I'm going to ask Shanie to be my girlfriend... officially."

That fucking hurts. You wanted to scream and walk away. You wanted to ask him why. You wanted him to say that it was all a joke.

But looking at his smile, his eyes it is true.

"Oh..." You force a smile and smacks his shoulder, "Congrats! Y-you.. finally have the courage to ask her... that's awesome!"

Then there was a moment of silent that stretched between the two of you. You tried to ignore it. You went on to look up to the sky and watch the fireworks fill up the night with beautiful colors. You kept your smile even though your hands are literally. Your so good at hiding it.

Or that's what you thought.

"Y/n..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you really happy? I mean... me asking Shanie to be my girlfriend..."

"Ahm, of course! Why would I not be?"

"Stop it." He adjusted his position. He's facing you more. "Stop pretending... I'm not blind..."

"What are you talking about?" You were trying so hard to brush it off.

You can face it. You can't talk about it.

The feelings you and Seungcheol have for each other. The feelings that the both of you kept on pushing back, acting like it does not exist even though both of you feel the vibrations in your hearts.

"Cheolie..." you closed your eyes and took a deep breathe first. "Please..."

"Please what? I don't get it! I like you. You like me. But you keep on choosing to avoid it. Why? What's wrong with choosing me? What's wrong with... allowing yourself to love me?"

"You know, we can't be together." You look away. "It's complicated..."

"Is it because of my work? Being an idol? You know I don't care what the media says. You know I can handle it! My fans... they will understand it. If not everyone... or immidately but they will someday so... It's fine."

"But I do care." You sighed. "I can't handle it... people talking shit about you. Saying mean things... your career... I... it matters to me..."

"So... you're willing to sacrifice your own feelings... and mine for my career? You think thats more important than you?"

You try to calm yourself so you would not cry. You are in public and with his family. Yes, his family. You two have been friends for a while and his family have treated you like theirs. They invited you in this family outing because its been a while since Seungcheol had a break at work.

"Y/n... please..."

"I know how much your work means to you... your members... your fans... making music, singing and performing...is your life."

"But you are part of my life too!"

"Cheolie..." you stood up and about to walk away but he pulls you back down again.

"Why are you like this? You've always told me to follow my heart and dreams... and I did with music and now I'm following it for you . I am in love with you y/n."

"People will hear." You hiss at him. "Cheolie... please..."

"Do you want us to stay like this? As friends?"

You paused and looked at him. "Yes."

"You... really are okay with me to date other women?"

"No... but... it's safer for you..."

"What's the difference of me dating them to you dating me?"

"They are better than me. People would accept them..."

"What?" His brows furrowed. He can't believe what she's saying. Her insecurities. Because for him, she's perfect just the way she is. "Is my love not enough... to make you feel... loved... content... secure...?"

You started to tear up and sob. "No... And you don't deserve to be with someone who needs constant reaffirmation... someone who haven't started the process of loving herself..."

"But... Y/n... I love you... I fucking love you..."

"I know... I do to... but... I'm not the right person for you... you deserve someone better."