27. Goodbye Kiss (Hongjoong)

Pairings: Hongjoong x Y/N
Genre/tags: Break up
Warning: sad fluff? cursing [lmk if i miss anything]
Words: 1.3k
Disclaimer:
- this story is just made up
- english is not my first language, please be nice 😊

Note: something from my drafts that I forgot to post. I cant remember when I wrote this. I just noticed it now. Something short only 😊

***

"This is bullshit!" My boss throws the resignation letter I handed to him on his desk. He is so angry. "Y/n, my dear, you are resigning to your job... the job you've worked hard for... the job you earned because of your dedication... the job you've always wanted... you are throwing it away just because of some guy?"

I am standing in front of my boss, who is also my friend for years, crying and shaking like a twig. "I have no choice..." I mumble under my breathe. "We both know I can't avoid him here... coz fuck... he is the son of the owner of our company..."

"But y/n... this is your life we're talking about... your career... your future..."

"I know... And yes it may sound cliché like in dramas or whatever but... you know our story..."

Seonghwa, my boss, sighs heavy as he leans his head and back to his chair. He's trying to calm himself down and take off his 'boss' hat of for a second.

"Y/n...  Hongjoong is a good person."

"I know."

"It may look cruel coz he can't fight for you... for your relationship... but you know if he can. He will."

"I know." Tears won't stop falling from your cheeks. "I dove into our relationship... knowing I can never be part of his future... I am just a staff... and he is..." I wipe my tears away and take a deep breathe. "His fiance is a good person. She's kind and sweet. And she does not deserve a relationship with Hongjoong having me on the side. Even just from his eye level so... yeah... they need a fresh start... and so am I."

"So you are choosing to go away... to avoid any issues?"

I nod.

"This is bullshit." He sighs.

"I know. You've had warned me before. And i'm so stupid not listening to you..."

"So, where are you planning to go? Which company?"

You look down at your knotted fingers and try to smile even with the puffiest eyes ever. "You'll curse even more if I tell you that... I'm planning to take a break for awhile..."

"Break? Like what? A week?"

"No..."

"3 weeks?"

"No..."

"Fuck. A month?!?"

I press my lips together before saying, "Two months... at least."

Seonghwa slams his hand on the table, eyes wide. "What the fuck?!"

"I'm going to the country side... to visit my grandparents... to clear my mind and plus to visit them." I pause for a bit. "Or stay with them for awhile."

"Are you crazy? How about your career? Like your living..  I mean... how will you earn money? You mother who we know loves the money you give her every month will explode."

"I know. But don't worry... I got it covered. I applied to a few online jobs... the remote ones... and I have a few that is waiting for my answer..."

"Fuck." He collapses on his chair. "I lost one arm... you leaving me here..."