9. Falling (Yunho)

Pairings: Yunho × y/n
Genre/tags: relationship issue
Warning: ghosting, insecurity, cursing [lmk if i miss anything]
Words:
Disclaimer:
- this story is just made up
- english is not my first language, please be nice 😊

Note: another quick one coz i'm in my feels. Its raining here where i live and sad music fills my room 😅

*********

Three months have passed. You've cut your hair, updated your wardrobe, listened to all taylor swift's album on repeat and even read books you've always wanted to read but had no time before. You kept yourself busy.

Within those three months you focused on yourself. Helping yourself get up from being broken hearted. Finding the good of being alone and finding the bad of being with him. Loving Yunho. Trusting... Yunho.

It's fucking painful, really. Within that three months of you trying to move on, you did your best. Gave you best smiles, laugh and squeezed all the positivity you have in your body. It's tiring. You'd be probably dead if it weren't because of your friends.

"Don't tell me that your crying again because of that guy." A hand appears in front of your face, handing you a can of rootbeer

You break a small smile as you take the drink from his hand. "Seonghwa..." you shake your head, "I'm just admiring the view okay?"

"Just checking..." he sits down beside you, dipping his feet in the pool to. "Does he still contact you?"

"Yes... Everyday actually..."

"Do you reply?"

"No. Not once." You look down at your hands, "I just... look at the notification and...yeah..."

"Y/n, I know you've asked Hongjoong, Jongho and I to give you time... to not ask you anything at all... just... be with you... but..."

You sniffle, trying to smile. You know that a day would come that one of them will ask you. The real reason why Yunho and you are not together.

You try to keep it together for so long and hiding it.

"Do you think... I'm stupid?" You turn your head to face Seonghwa, looking at you, eyes filled with curiousity and concern. "For... leaving Yunho? For ghosting a guy that I've been with for the last three years... the guy that every girl ever dreamed of... the guy that everyone thinks is a perfect man... an achiever, passionate, hard working, loving, kind, sweet and good looking..." you take a deep breathe, "a guy that loved me so much... more than I derserve..."

"Y/n..."

"I know what I did is 100% wrong..."

"Fuck yeah." He mumbles, making you smile a bit even though tears are swelling up your eyes

"And yet... here you guys are supporting me... or if not... atleast staying beside me..."

"We're your friends... even we think your wrong... that doesn't mean we will leave you..."

"Yeah... thanks for that..."

"But what the fuck is your reason? For breaking Yunho's heart... even yours..."

"I got scared."

"Of what?"

"Not being enough... not giving him what he deserves..." you start to tear up for real now. "It probably sound fucked up for you guys but... Its eating me up inside. That when I look at him, giving me all his best, all his time, all his love and everything he can give... but then there's me, just receiving and not matching what he's capable of giving... I feel bad for him... I... I feel like... one day... he'll get tired of me that... that he'd leave me because he might've feel that I don't love him the same way..."

"Do you?" Seonghwa asks, "do you not love him the same way?"

"I do!" You weakly cry out. "I love him..."

"But... you chose to leave and hurt him?"

"I got scared that what if... one day he got tired of me, talking to me, listening to my nonsense... and that he might not need me anymore... I know my decision is fucked up because I don't want to be the only one hurting... I just... I don't know!" You cover your face with your hands and start sobbing. "I... I just... that night... at Hongjoong's party... I was feeling so down and stressed with everything happening in my life. Already overthinking about us... and then I saw him... I saw him with the girls that looked like the same level as him... my insecurities just wrapped my whole body and..."

"Y/n... I get how you feel... whatever you are feeling within you... it is valid... it's not wrong for you to worry and feel things like that... but you should atleast talk to him... discuss these with him... its unfair for him. You two have been together for three years... he's been good to you. Don't you think he deserves an explanation... an acceptable reason for you two to break up?"

"I know..." you wipe your tears. "But I'm so scared to confront him...I don't know what to say... or how..."

"You can start by reading my texts and answering my calls..."

Both you and Seonghwa freezes before turning around. It's him. It's Yunho.

"Sorry...I tried to ask him to leave but..." Hongjoong is standing behind him.

"It's okay." You say to him.

"We'll leave you two then..." Seonghwa stands up and leaves with Hongjoong to to back in the house.

Silence fills the air between you two as the others left. However the tension is up in the sky. You can feel his stare from behind you so you try to avoid looking back at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get you back."

"It's been three months, Yunho..."

"So? I don't care!" You hear him walk closer. "We never broke up in the first place... you just went silent."

You get up from dipping you feet in the pool and face him. "Please..."

"Please what?" He looks angry "The fuck y/n! Why are you doing this to me? Why are you hurting me?"

"I...I'm sorry..." you cry

"I fucking love you so much! You have no idea... the pain I felt when you suddenly vanished and avoided me. I... I don't get it. What did I do to to give you a reason to leave me?"

"I'm sorry..."

"No, I don't need your sorry. Y/n, I want you back! Please... Please!" He rush towards you and hugs you tightly, like his life is hanging on to you. "Please... talk to me about your feelings... I will accept it... all your pain and worries... I will carry them with you... just... please... don't leave me... stay with me..."

Hearing him beg and cry for you to comeback is painful. It makes your heart weaks and regret things.

"Don't you love me anymore?" He asks, his face burried to your neck

"I... still do..."

"Then why... y/n... why can't you just... love me...?"

"You deserve more..."

He let you go to look into your eyes. "I deserve whatever love you could give me. I'm not asking for more... all that matters to me is you."

"You will get tired of always giving..."

"That's for me to decide... if I get tired of picking you up at school, carrying your bag, cooking dinner for you, watching romantic movies with you or going shopping with you or whatever... I will tell you... I will work it out with YOU... but even though I get tired of taking care of you one day... that doesn't affect the amount of love I have for you. I love YOU and not the what and the whys. I just... love you."

He wrapps his hands around you even tighter.

"I can't live without you..."

"Yunho..." you finally hug him back, sobbing. "I'm so sorry!"