Chapter 12

Continuation

After Elliam tied his husband's necktie, he went back to his seat with Milo. Dominic also went to his swivel chair and asked for Rhian's report, which the woman immediately stood up and gave her papers to her boss. She stood in front of Dominic, tense as she kept her eyes on her boss while biting her lips.

"This is much better than the previous one. Good job." Dominic said as he turned the pages one by one.

Rhian smiled when she heard the compliment. "Thank you, Sir."

Dominic then called his secretary to give her his instructions, he also asked for his schedule for the afternoon.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Lockwood at 3:00 and you'll be attending Genovese's auction event at 6:00 PM, Sir."  Rissa stated. Dominic nodded and dismissed the two women.

After they left, Dominic glanced at his wife happily playing with the mutt. He's taking a photo of the two of them and Dominic's sure that his phone will be full of selfies again.

"Do you want to come with me at the auction hall?" Dominic asked.

"No thanks, Milo and I will just stay at home." Elliam lazily replied.

"Okay, but can I at least wear my ring at the event?" Dominic silently wanted Elliam to say yes, but just as he predicted, he declined.

"You can just hang it around your neck, but no wearing it on your ring finger babe." Elliam stubbornly said.

"People seeing my ring finger empty would think that I'm single. They won't stop pestering me for attention."

One of the reasons why people think that Dominic Martinez is still single at 28 is because, he doesn't have  a ring on his ring finger.

"But you won't entertain any of them, aren't you.?" Elliam looked at his husband. Dominic smirked after seeing Elliam's doe eyes.

"Of course I won't. But it's still different if they know that I'm already married." Dominic said.

Those words made Elliam think. He touched a similar ring on his chest. "Am I too demanding? You are always doing what I say, Dominic." Elliam said with sadness hinting at his voice.

Dominic can't help but sigh and stand up from where he's sitting. He kneeled before Elliam and cupped his face.

"You're thinking too much hon. You know I'll do anything that makes you happy." Dominic said as he pulled Elliam's face towards him, giving his lips  a kiss.

The simple gesture immediately brought Elliam back to smile. He grabbed and pulled his husband's collar to make their kiss deeper. He giggles as they continue to have peaceful and silent moments with each other.

When it's time for Dominic's meeting with August Lockwood. Elliam said that he'll stay at the office because he's afraid to cause another ruckus like last time. He told Dominic that he'll behave this time.

Elliam was playing with the hyper Milo when he got startled by a sudden noise from Dominic's table. It's coming from a telephone.

Elliam ignored the ringing. However, the noise didn't stop that it started to make Elliam frown from annoyance. He got up from the couch where he and Milo were sitting, and went to Dominic's table to grab the telephone. Once the nonstop ringing stopped, Elliam's scrunched face relaxed.

"Hello, Mr. President?" Said from the other side of the call. Elliam guessing it's from a receptionist.

Elliam cleared his throat and replied. "Uhm, the president is still at the meeting. You can tell me what's the matter and I'll relay it to him later."