Chapter 23

"Wait... You have a husband?" Owen was shocked by what he heard.

"I, I have?" Elliam said trying to avert Owen's question. His tongue just slipped the word 'husband' out of his mouth.

"Yes, a moment ago. You said your husband taught you how to swim but you couldn't learn it." Owen frustratingly said. He's gay, and this kind of topic always excite him.

Elliam scratch his hair. "Maybe you heard it wrong, Owen. Didn't you say you'll teach me swimming? Let's go." He said and stood up from the pool side.

"Elliam don't avoid my question. I really heard it." He wouldn't let Elliam go until he confessed that he's indeed married to a man. He looked at Elliam intently and noticed a ring hanging on his neck.

Owen gasped, "See!? That's a wedding ring, right?" He pointed on the ring.

Elliam touched his ring. He forgot to hide it inside his clothes. He immediately put it inside his shirt. "It's just a normal ring, there's nothing special about it." Elliam said in a quivering voice.

Dominic would be so hurt if he heard Elliam. He put so much effort to find the perfect wedding ring for the both of them and even made sure it's meaningful. Their rings symbolize eternal love, but Elliam was quick to deny it.

Owen noticed Elliam's discomfort so he stopped his prying. "Well, if you say so. Still want to learn swimming?" He said trying to find another topic for their conversation. He didn't mean to be nosy and caused Elliam to be sad.

"I'll stay in here, you can go back to your friend." Elliam smiled at Owen.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, just call me if you need anything." Elliam nodded and watched Owen swim towards his friends.

Elliam's face went from smiling to frowning. He scorns himself for being a coward. How can he deny their wedding ring and his husband? All Dominic did was love him endlessly, but in return, Elliam keeps on hiding. He keeps on denying Dominic.

Elliam wanted to cry, but remembering his baby inside of him, he stopped himself from being depressed.

On the other hand, Owen was being questioned by his friends.

"What did you do?" Sharry asked while looking at the dejected silhouette of Elliam, sitting at the other side of the pool.

"I think I asked something sensitive." Owen said in a low voice. He regretted being so curious. Now Elliam was looking down-hearted because of him.

"What did you asked?" Jaya curiously inquired.

"You don't have to know. I already feel bad, don't make it worse."

Jaya pouted, "Stingy." She whispered to Owen.

"Spill the tea, Owen. We won't tell it to others." Lily also said showing her interest.

"I've invaded his privacy. It's better to keep silent, and I don't trust you guys."

"You're so harsh on us. Come on, give us some hints." Lily said.

"Hints?" Owen asked confused.

"Hints about what you asked him." Lily made it more clear. They're eager to know the reason why Owen's acting sympathetic towards the pretty guy.

"It's really bad to talk behind his back, I do---" Owen was cut off by Sharry.

"Just tell us." She said.

"... He's married" Owen blurted out.

The three woman went silent. A question mark can be seen above their heads.