Chapter 28

The next morning, the whole house was in a mess. Everyone was being sent to work early in the morning. The president said that at 8 o'clock, everyone should be out or else they're fired.

"How cruel" Everyone thought.

When Rissa saw this, she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry. His boss was obviously upset with his employees.

"Rissa, you take charge for today." Dominic said walking out of the kitchen. He was holding a glass of milk and a plate of slightly burned pancakes which he cooked himself.

Rissa was taken aback after seeing the president emerging from the kitchen. She zoned out for a second but She instantly composed herself and stood straight before answering her boss's call.

"Yes sir."

"I know you can handle the work, but if something went wrong just give me a call." Dominic said and continue walking upstairs.

Rissa gave Dominic a nod before turning her attention to the crowd. She was determined to finish the day without having to call Dominic. She's been working with Dominic long enough to know some habits of her boss. Dominic isn't the type of person who would give his work to his subordinates, he would rather do it himself than burden someone.

Rissa was happy. This just shows how his boss trusts her and believes in her working efficiency and professionalism.

Dominic went straight inside their room. Since the lights were off, Dominic can only see the silhouette of a person and a dog sitting on the carpet face to face.

"Why didn't you turn the lights on?" He asked as he reached for the switch and turn the lights on.

Elliam stood up after hearing Dominic and went to his side excitedly.

"Forgot about it. Anyway, take a look at Milo. He's drinking his water, he's very smart." Elliam said giggling while pulling his husband's arms. Since Dominic's still holding the plate of pancakes and a glass of milk, he went to the bed side table first to put them down before letting Elliam drag him towards the pup.

The puppy was busy drinking water from his little cat litter which makes Elliam let out small giggles enough to make Dominic smile at him dotingly.

"Isn't he so smart?" Elliam asked Dominic. He's looking at his husband full of expectancy.

"Yeah...very smart, he's just like you." Dominic doesn't have a choice but to agree, because if not, he'll be sleeping outside later.

"Then, I hope our baby inside me takes after you when he grow up. Handsome and smart." Elliam said grinning at Dominic. It's true though. After learning about his pregnancy, he's been praying for the baby to be like his father and take after his good looks. He doesn't want the baby to be a coward like his mom.

"Whoever he takes after, he'll be perfect. Alright?" Dominic said. He will love his child as long as it belongs to Elliam.

"He'll be the cutest and healthiest baby."

"Hmm, he will." Dominic agreed.

Dominic gave Elliam the food he made at the kitchen. Although the pancakes were a little burned, Elliam still ate them wholeheartedly.

After their breakfast, once all the people outside left, Elliam went to the kitchen and put the plate and glass on the sink and wash them. He then proceed to clean the kitchen and living room. Since  the place wasn't that dirty, Elliam only cleaned a little and he wasn't tired.

When Dominic went downstairs with both hands inside the pocket of his gray sweatpants, what welcomed him was a little sprout watering the displayed plants inside the house. Dominic didn't make any noise and watched his little wife's happy face as he does what he likes.

Dominic looked at his feet when he heard a small growl. Milo was in a sitting position beside Dominic while  looking intently at Elliam.

When Milo looked up to his dad, Dominic gestured him to stay silent. When the puppy lifted up his small paw, Dominic smiled at him. He bent down to pick up the white puppy. Since Milo is small, he fit perfectly in Dominic's huge hand.

"You got your small frame from him? Hmm?." Dominic whispered to Milo which the puppy replied with a bark.

Since the place was originally silent, a sudden bark wouldn't scape from Elliam's ears. He looked back and saw his husband and his fur baby walking down the stairs. Elliam smiled at them and put the watering can on the floor and carefully walked towards the two.

"My baby!" Elliam squealed and went directly towards Milo. He pinched both the cheeks of the poor pup and hugged him tight.

"And here I thought I was the one you're calling your baby." Dominic pretended he was upset.

"You're not a baby. You're so big and tall to be called a baby, Even I have to look up just to see your face." Elliam pouted when he said the last words. Since his height wasn't that tall compared to his husband, he wasn't actually that short because when he stood beside Rissa, he was a little taller than the woman.

To conclude, Elliam Martinez isn't a short man, It's just his husband being huge.

"You upset?" Dominic teased. He grabbed the white towel that hangs around his neck and used the clean part to wipe the sweat on Elliam's face.

Elliam let's him. Although that towel was obviously the one his husband used  from the gym, he doesn't care if it reeks of sweat.

"Why would I? I got it from my mother, If I hated it, It would feel like I blamed her."

" Well, you're already perfect. No need to ask for more..." Dominic comforted. "...Enough with talking, Let's go change so we can start your swimming lesson."

Elliam happily nodded and went upstairs to change.

"Are we going to swim in the pool or in the sea?" Elliam asked. He was rummaging his clothes in their closet to find the white colored trunks. That's the one he wanted to wear today.

"Where do you want to swim?" Dominic asked back while he looks for the sunscreen and hat. He also grabbed a clean T-shirt for Elliam.

"Hmm??... Let's go to the pool first, Dom." Elliam smiled wide to Dominic.

"Alright." He simply replied.

Meanwhile, Rissa was having a headache. It wasn't even half of the day yet there's already a problem.

"Miss, let's call the president. It's useless to stay here if we don't have those materials." Someone suggested.

"They said the delivery was delayed? Did they mentioned the reason why?" Another asked.

Rissa actually already called the president, but it won't get through.

Frustrated, Rissa asked them who would like to go back to the beach house and personally talk with the president. Since she can't leave in the site, she can only ask them to go instead of her.

No one raised their hands. They rather stay here and wait than go meet the president. That man was scary even if he's not angry.

When Rissa thought no one would like to go, a hand was raised among the crowd. But, It was Rhian. Rissa showed a displeased expression after seeing Rhian's smiling face.

"Is there no one else?" She asked again, but everyone just look away. Rissa sighed. She doesn't have a choice but to pick Rhian, but she decided to let Owen go with her.

"Why me? Miss, the president will kill me if he knew I was the one who made Elliam sad yesterday. Please not me." Owen wanted to cry. Why him?

"I'm really sorry, Owen. You're the only one I can trust on this one. If I let Rhian go alone, we might lose our job tomorrow."

Owen hesitatedly nodded. When Rissa left him, his friends came to comfort him.

"We'll miss you Owen. You don't have to be that sad, we'll make sure to put white flowers on your coffin." Jaya jokingly said.

"I don't like white flowers, make it red." Owen said while sobbing.

❤️❤️❤️

Sup!!!

Vote/Comment/Share