Chapter 29

Rhian and Owen were riding a taxi together. None of them talked, and they were both looking outside the car window on their sides.

Owen was fidgeting, thinking that they were getting nearer to the beach house. He can't imagine himself getting yelled at by the president. He'll definitely pass out if that ever happens. He just hopes Elliam's with the president when they mention the slight error at the site. Miss Rissa told him before getting in the taxi that the president is less scary when he's with his wife. Who else is his wife? Of course none other than Elliam,  the pretty little guy that he accidentally made upset yesterday.

Owen wants to cry. If the president had a bad impression of him because of what happened yesterday, he thinks Jaya's joke will come true.

Rhian looked at the person beside him when she noticed him fidgeting. 'What a weirdo', She thought.

She turned his eyes away from Owen and continued doing her make up. She needs to be pretty because she might have to talk to the president alone. She giggled when she thought of the possibility of the president falling in love with her and leave that short and plain looking boy. She'll definitely have an easy life if she manages to become Mrs. Martinez. She'll have all the luxury that she can only dream of tasting in this life.

When the taxi arrived, Owen paid the driver using Rissa's card that she lent to Owen for the taxi's fare. But he scowled when he saw Rhian already walking away and didn't even bother to wait for him. Owen could only sigh and follow suit.

There was no one in the living room when Owen came in. There's also no sign of that woman. He decided to check the dining area and kitchen if someone's in there. But Owen only saw Elliam in the kitchen peeling some fruits and putting them all in a blender.

Elliam was only wearing plain white trunks and a T-shirt with his hair still wet. He was focused on what he was doing while humming some songs that he didn't notice a person behind him.

Owen faked a  cough to get his attention. Seeing that Elliam got startled at the sudden noise, Owen chuckled. Well, he's adorable. No wonder he got the president as a husband. Elliam looked at his back and saw Owen waving his hand at him.

"Hi, Umm...Sir??" Owen doesn't know how to call Elliam.

Elliam gave him a smile and said, "Why sir?? Just call me by my name."

"Hi, Elliam..." Owen repeated.

Both of them snickered at their own 
silliness. Owen then walked towards Elliam and whispered, "...By the way, Is the president in a bad mood right now?" Owen didn't waste any chance to ask about Dominic's mood, because how they'll approach him later will depend on it.

Elliam tilted his head and said, "Dominic? He seems happy to me. Why do you ask?" Although he's actually not sure if Dominic's really happy because of what he did earlier. Though, Elliam thought his husband would be so petty if he got angry over a mere joke about him drowning in the pool. That joke actually made Dominic angry.

"Oh it's nothing, we just need to talk to him later about the project." Owen replied honestly.

"Hmm, well you can find him in the pool area. Although I saw Ms. Hartford is already walking towards that place and she's walking so fast that she didn't even greet me. Owen, I swear I saw her roll her eyes when she saw me." Elliam sulked unconsciously.

'That woman was so rude', Elliam thought.

"Haha, that's just how she is. Even I doesn't like her..." Owen helplessly tried to comfort Elliam, "...Shall we go to the president together?"

"Yeah, I'm almost done with my smoothie too."

***

Dominic was at the pool area. His one hand has a folder of papers while the other hand was holding his phone. He was talking to Rissa through the phone and apologized about not answering her calls earlier. It was out of battery and Dominic didn't bother to charge it as he doesn't want to get disturbed during his day off with Elliam.

Rhian was standing in front of her boss. She was  boldly looking at Dominic's face and even licked her lips, she didn't bother hiding her desire anymore. But she was getting annoyed and impatient because, Dominic Martinez didn't gave her a glance. He was wearing a poker face all this time.

Rhian tried to unfasten some buttons of her clothes to show her cleavage more clearly and fixed her wavy and curly hair seductively. Any man will surely get captivated by her look if they were the one in front of her instead of Dominic, but because it was Dominic Martinez who was clearly not interested in what she was doing, she frowned dejectedly. It was futile, Dominic Martinez isn't into her.

Both of them turned their head when they heard a voice calling the president. It was Elliam and Owen.

"I made some smoothie, let's all have some." Elliam shouted happily.

Dominic softly smiled. A smile that didn't scape from Rhian's eyes. Dominic's face was full of happiness, no sign of the unfriendly and poker face he's giving her.

Rhian gritted her teeth. She haughtily turned her head towards Elliam once more before making her way towards him. She was grinning while walking confidently.

"Oh thank you, it was kind of you to make me a drink." She secretly scoffed while getting a glass of the smoothie.

"W-well have as much as you want." Elliam stuttered. He put the tray on a small table on the side and grabbed his own glass. He leisurely walked towards the side of the pool while drinking.

Owen on the other hand, nervously went to the president and handed over another folder from Rissa. Dominic grabbed the folder and was about to read the contents if not for the sudden shattered glass and a high-pitched piercing cry from Elliam.

Dominic felt his heart raced at the scream, and what he saw before his eyes gave him a churning feeling on his stomach. He immediately stood up from his seat and unhesitatingly jumped on the deepest part of the pool where Elliam fell.

As soon as he gets Elliam on his arms, Dominic quickly comes out of the water with his wife. Elliam was coughing nonstop, with blood oozing from his left shoulder. He was also crying.

"It's okay, I got you. I got you, baby." Dominic assured Elliam continuously. He lifted him up towards a reclined chair and embraced him with a towel.

Dominic proceeded to inspect the wound on his shoulder. Seeing the bloody nail marks on Elliam's shoulder made him ferociously look at Rhian. His eyes were cold and dangerous.

"You." Dominic said, his voice was low but vehement.

Rhian was shaking. She's wet just like Elliam because they both fell on the water. But even if she's scared, she still made a fiendish laughter.

"Dominic..." She called. Not even bothering to add honorific anymore. "... It's his fault, he fell on his own and even dragged me to the water." She crazily spouted lies that made Owen looked at her in disbelief.

"Listen here Dominic, that bitch surely gave you a love potion. There's no way you'll like someone like that ugly bitch, If you're looking for a perfect wife, choose me. I can make you happy. I'll be obedient if that's what you're looking for. I'll be---". Rhian didn't finish her nonsense blabbering when Owen went and slapped her on her face.

The slap made her silent. A wake up call to her fantasy.

Dominic didn't plan to stay in here any longer. He lifted a crying Elliam once more and walked  away. But before getting further from Rhian, he uttered something that completely shattered her hope.

"Ellie's already perfect. He can make me happy, he understands me, and loves me. He's more beautiful than you think he is, inside and out, and I am not with him because of some potion, I just fell in love."

***

Rhian's dead (literally)

Thanks for reading.

Vote/Comment/Share