Chapter 17

The room was dead silent for a full minute after the word pregnant escaped Dr. Lewis's mouth.

Dominic has turned into a stone and couldn't react, still processing the revelation.

"Hahaha did that surprise you two?" Dr. Lewis said while checking Elliam's pulse to make sure that he's right about the pregnancy.

"It's not surprising for a man to get pregnant. There are a bunch of men already getting pregnant and delivering their child safe in this world and era. Don't worry, young Dominic, your wife will be safe."

" Does that mean there are already cases like this?" Rissa couldn't help but ask.

"That is right. Back then, I was only in my first year as a Doctor when I was first assigned along with other Doctors to be in charge of a young man who is also pregnant. Hahaha, I bet that young man and his husband already have bunches of kids now." Dr. lewis answered. When he's done making sure Elliam's in good condition, he stood up and went to Dominic's side.

"I'll introduce you to a trustworthy and good gynecologist, she's someone I know. Congratulations young man" Dr. Lewis patted the stunned and in deep thought Dominic.

"Right, um...Rissa, can you please go outside for a while." Dominic said in a daze.

Rissa complied and stepped outside of the room. She touched her chest after and then happily made a small yes. She's happy for her boss and for Elliam, and dedicatedly promised to help Elliam during his pregnancy.

Back in the room, Dr. Lewis's happy face was changed into a serious one. "What's your next move?" He asked Dominic.

"I want this news to stay in this room. Do not say a single word to anyone, Doctor." Dominic said seriously and dangerously.

"I oath to follow."

Dr. Lewis patted Dominic's shoulder again before leaving him inside the room so that the young man can have a moment with his wife. He also plans to give the secretary all the things they must and must not do to a pregnant man. Since he's a male, his pregnancy is more dangerous and sensitive than females.

After Dr. Lewis went outside, Dominic went to Elliam's side. He sat on the bed beside the little guy who's sleeping soundly.

Dominic stretched his hand and touched Elliam's cheek and rubs them affectionately. His eyes moved to Elliam's abdomen, and thought about the life forming inside it. His hand that was on Elliam's face went to his belly. Dominic rubbed it and smiled at his unformed child.

"Daddy can't wait to see you little bud." Dominic said in a low and sweet voice.

"Mnnn..."Elliam stretched his body and continue sleeping. Dominic's smile went wide after witnessing Elliam's adorableness.

Though it's still not time for sleeping, Dominic went to bed beside Elliam but didn't sleep with him. He just hugs the sprout close to him and continue rubbing his belly where their child will grow in few months.

"I love you hon. Thank you." He whispered to Elliam's ears. Elliam hummed in response.

Dominic stayed with Elliam on the bed for a while until he heard a continuous knock outside their room. Dominic was reluctant to get up and leave Elliam's side, but the one knocking outside seems like have no plan on leaving them alone.

He opened up the door with a scowl. "What is it?" Dominic said in an angry voice.

"Um...sorry for disturbing your rest Mr. Martinez, but I cooked dinner and I kinda cooked too much so I thought I'd share it with you." Rhian Hartford said with a plate of appetizing sea food. She's smiling with Dominic as if she's sure he'll not reject the food she made.

But Dominic was emotionlessly looking at Rhian. He didn't even try to look interested in what Rhian was talking about, he just wanted her to leave immediately so he could go back inside and cuddle Elliam.

"I appreciate your effort, but please do not disturb me again for a stupid reason like this." Dominic uninterestedly said.

Rhian was taken aback by what she heard and felt embarrassed as she tried to hide the plate with the food she cooked. She was so excited before knocking that she didn't consider the possible rejection from the president, and now she's hurt and was about to cry.

"Oh, I-Im sorry Sir." She said in a quivering voice.

Rhian looked at Dominic's face and saw that he was really not happy. Her eyes that were on Dominic's face went behind him. Because she saw someone moving inside the quilt of his bed.

Rhian's eyes went wide. "Who?" She unconsciously said due to her shock. Although she couldn't see clearly because the light was off, she's sure it was a person laying in the bed.

Dominic noticed Rhian's eyes locked inside the room and he immediately half closed the door to hide his wife.

"Please leave Hartford, and I don't want this to happen again, keep it in mind." Dominic said as he completely closed the door in front of Rhian.

Rhian looked at the plate with food she was holding. Although she's emotionally hurt, it didn't stop her from thinking of other ways to get the president.

She thought that maybe he's really tired and not in the mood right now, maybe next time he'll accept the food she'll make. Rhian positively went downstairs to put her food away. Some of her colleagues asking her if they can have the food but Rhian didn't mind them and instead put the food on the trashbin. If Dominic won't eat it, then these unworthy people can't have it either.

After letting her coworkers witness her rudeness, she confidently walked towards upstairs again to her room.

"That young woman has an unpleasant personality. Why would young Dominic let this kind of people work for him?" Dr. Lewis commented, he was surprisingly making himself at home in the beach house. He was in the dining room beside Rissa and he was busy eating his food when he witnessed what Rhian did.

"I know she's not that rude, maybe she's not feeling well." Rissa said. She was stunned too because it's not the Rhian Hartford she knows. But since she's a human being, it's not that surprising.

"Anyway, don't forget the things I told you. Let's take this case seriously." Dr. Lewis earnestly said.

Rissa and Dr. Lewis talked to each other at a private room inside the house. The Doctor told her about the thing she needs to take note, like the foods she'll not let Elliam take. After their talk, Rissa invited the Doctor to eat before leaving.

Rissa will take this case seriously, even without the Doctor's reminder. Because Elliam will spend months in this beach house, that means that there's a possibility that Elliam will give birth in this Island with limited health facilities and that was quite alarming considering that Elliam is a man and not a woman.

***
Hi!!

This was a short one sorry.

Btw
Thank you for supporting me guys, I really appreciate your votes and comment. Thank you always.

NEXT UPDATE: NOV. 24, 2023
10:00 PM

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE