Framed

-Y/N POV-

Night. You were in bed, trying to fall asleep when you heard a knock on your front door downstairs. Your eyes shot open and you quickly sat up in your bed. Your heart was pounding. Who was here this late? You quickly slid out of bed and walked to the front door. You took a few deep breaths and slowly opened the door.

"Hello, Y/N." The person said. You took in his appearance. It was a police officer... what did a police officer want with you?

"H-hello sir.." you stuttered. "Is there anything I c-can help you with...?"
"Yes actually. You are to be taken in for questioning about a mass murder that happened today." He replied. Your blood ran cold. You were being accused of murder?! Surely this was some sort of mistake! But it wasn't. An hour passed and you were sitting in an interrogation room. Two officers sat across from you, the knife you had been fidgeting with earlier resting on the table between you and them. You knew exactly what had happened. Val had taken revenge. Your fingerprints were all over this knife and he'd murdered with it. Now, you were going to go to jail because nothing you could say would rival the cold, hard, evidence. Everyone in the room knew it, and there was no point to continue this. After a few obligatory questions, the officers handcuffed you.
"You'll be in jail for the time being. You'll have a trial to determine what happens to you in the long term. You have the right to remain silent, you have the right-" He kept talking but you stopped listening. You numbly trailed along with them. Your only thought right now was how you were going to get out of this. But you weren't. There was nothing you could do. Your thoughts turned to Alastor. He was going to be crushed. And you were never going to see him again unless it was through a pane of glass and those weird phone things you always saw in movies. You felt yourself tearing up and you let the warm salty droplets trickle down your cheeks. Your life was over, even though it had only just gotten exciting. You stared out the window of the police car you were now in, still silently crying as you accepted what was to come.