Grow on me

-Y/N POV-

You regained some of your strength and slowly opened your eyes. Your vision cleared and there, you could plainly see the shark men. The ones you electrocuted first looked dead, but the others were stirring, if not already up. You almost swore loudly but stopped so as not to draw attention to yourself. You could already hear them talking amongst themselves and you were terrified. One of them glanced at you and you saw his mouth curl up in a grin. Well, shit.

-Alastor's POV-

My shadows came through. I was sipping a cup of tea absorbed in a book, when one appeared in front of me. I quickly set everything down.

"Is she in trouble?" I got to the point. It nodded in response and I summoned my staff. I checked where my shadows had been last and teleported. The first thing I saw was pure darkness. Then an alley came into view. I was behind everyone, and I took in the scene. Y/N looked weak against a wall, face fierce, and a group of half-shark-half-men, looking strangely charred, advancing towards her. Two more bodies of the shark men lay presumably dead on the ground. I approached, making sure my footsteps were heard and they whirled around to face me, baring their teeth. My grin grew wider, my usual static taking on a sharper edge. Some of the men fled, as they should, the cowards. Others simply froze in fear and one or two advanced on me pulling out weapons. I inhaled deeply. It had been a while since i'd had a good killing. I summoned a knife, because using weapons was much more fun than magic. One lunged and I thrust my knife into his eye socket reaching it as deep as possible, I twisted it and pulled it out. The shark collapsed dead at my feet. As for the other one, I simply snapped my fingers and he died instantly. The alley turned to silence and I saw Y/N fully. Her hands were covering her face and she looked frightened.

"It's okay Y/N, darling. You're safe."