Distance

(the artwork is mine- and I know it's not great but meh)

-Alastors POV-

Y/N had been distant. Isolating herself from everyone much more. It worried me. I wasn't quite sure what'd happened to make her act like this but what I was sure of was that it was time to go check on her. I walked upstairs and to her room. My knuckle hovered in front of the door for a second before I brought it down and knocked. It took a few minutes before the door opened and Y/N stood there.

"Alastor. Hey," she said.

"Hello Y/N my dear! You've been much more distant I've noticed so I've come to ask if everything was all right!" I replied and swept into the room. She closed the door behind me and I sat on the edge of the bed. She joined me.

"So, IS everything all right?" I asked.

"I guess so," she replied. I wasn't convinced. Y/N wasn't usually like this! What had happened that was so bad? I cautiously put my hand on hers and she glanced at me, the ghost of a smile tracing her lips.

"I'm alright Alastor," she said. I smiled wider and nodded.

"That's what I like to hear!" I said my usual peppy tone returning. "Now, how would you like to help me cook? The others are out right now so we're the only ones here."

"That sounds very fun." She replied and stood. I stood as well and took her downstairs. We decided on Steak and Mashed Potatoes as it was fairly close to dinnertime. I snapped and soothing jazz began playing. Y/N looked happy and I was too. I got out all of the ingredients and we began cooking together, and just enjoying each other's company.

-Y/N POV-

He checked in on you. He had no idea how happy that made you. The time you both were spending together reminded you of those old days. Particularly the first time the both of you had hung out where he'd made you steak and mashed potatoes. You couldn't believe how long it'd been since then. You were mashing the potatoes when Alastor hugged you from behind and helped you. Your cheeks felt heated and you smiled softly.

"There's the beautiful smile that made me fall for you Y/N... You really should wear it more often." He said and you giggled.

"I'll try!" you replied. He chuckled and finished stirring the potatoes.
"Well, that's dinner!" He said. "We're all done!"

"Great! And it smells so good!" You said happily.

"Indeed it does," he replied. You still felt his presence behind you and decided to do something. You swiveled around and stood on your tiptoes, pressing your mouth to his. He made a startled noise in the back of his throat but then wrapped his arms around you and kissed back. It was a soft slow kiss, creating fireworks between you two. You half-opened your eyes in time to see the door open. Charlie walked in and froze, gaping at the two of you. She quickly backed up out of the room and shut the door again. You suppressed a laugh and closed your eyes, simply enjoying the moment between you and your love. Sure he was a monster, but the parts of him that weren't..? Well, they were amazing.