Chapter 3

{Y/N POV}

As I sat back down at my desk, my friends looked at me dumbfounded. I looked at them wondering what they were so surprised about. As I looked around the class, everyone was looking at me. What had I done wrong?

"Y/N, do you know who you just talked to?" Eun-Young asked.

I shook my head. I quickly pulled up my contacts app and went through every single contact on my phone. "No, I do not know who he is. He was the one I ran into yesterday. My phone fell out of my pocket and he was the one who picked it up. You dragged me away too fast to reali-"
"Y/N! That was motherfucking Baek Dohwa! One of the most popular guys in our grade! Probably the most popular in our school!" My friend, Seung Yong cut me off.

"Oh, well I don't know who he is, but he seems very very nice! Ooh! I found it! He did put his contact in!" I turned my phone to all of my friends showing the cute photo he set.

"I don't think he gives out his phone number for free! Y/N, you are super lucky. He must like you a lot!" Eun-Young butted in.

The bell for classes rang, making all of my friends return to their desks for class to begin. I placed my phone on my lap, texting Dohwa.

~ Thanks again for keeping my phone safe! I owe you big time! ~ I texted him.

~ It's no problem. I had a little fun with it if you've seen the picture (; ~ He texted back quickly. ~If you want to repay me, how about you hang out with me after school? Meet me at the soccer/football field after the rush of students is done.~

After the rush of students? I wondered. Is it that bad that so many people know him? Maybe it's annoying? I know I couldn't ask why. His reason was probably personal. It was better to go with the flow than to ask all of my questions.

"Y/N!" my deskmate whispered. I quickly hid my phone as the teacher walked in, getting ready to teach the class.

I pulled out my writing materials trying to listen to the lesson, but my thoughts kept getting in the way. It was him. His eyes were pretty, and the mole brought more attention to his eyes. But his smile still made my heart melt just thinking about it. I was happy he was asking to hang out, even though it was probably just to repay him for taking good care of my phone. It will most likely be the only time I hang out with him.

I felt a nudge on my arm and I turned to my seatmate. I turned my head to the side, wondering what she wanted. Was the teacher asking me a question!? Or maybe to even answer something!

"How do you know Dohwa?" she whispered.

"Oh, he found my phone yesterday after I lost it. He just came to hand it back," I told her.

"So you're not friends? Or..." she paused. I was confused so I pushed her to say what was on her mind. "Or um...D-A-T-I-N-G?" she spelled out. I shook my head in response and she then let out a breath of relief.

Why was she so worried I was dating him?

***

I sat on the bleachers by the soccer/football field waiting for Dohwa. There were still a lot of students around. Most were slowly making their way out of the school but there was a group of boys getting ready to play a soccer/football game. I saw a couple of boys from my class and some from my brother's class. I looked around to see if my brother was also there. He liked to play a game before heading home.

"Y/N!" I turned my head and saw my brother walking over in his gym uniform. I guess he was playing today.

"Dae-Hyun," I said waiting for him to get closer.

"Are you going to get back your phone right now?" he asked.

"I got it back this morning. Apparently, the guy who found it goes to our school, so he came and dropped it off," I told him. He nodded as he looked over to his group of friends. "Are you going to be home late?"

"Maybe, what about you? Waiting for Eun-Young?"

"Ummm," if I answer that I wasn't he would be suspicious of who it was. "Yes, but I'm meeting up with her later. I meeting with a different friend."

"Dae-Hyun! Get your ass over here! We need to make the teams!" his friends yelled.

"Don't stay out too late!" Dae-Hyun yelled as he ran to his friends.

Looking around again, the rush of students was over. I wasn't sure how long it had been, but I knew Dohwa should be at the bleachers soon enough. I pulled my phone out, looking at Dohwa's contact. He would've texted me if he couldn't make it.

As I was about to text him, a hand was placed on my phone, making me lower it and look up. It was Dohwa. His smile made me relax more as I looked at him.

"Ready to go?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. I nodded and picked up my guitar case to follow him out.

"So where do you want to go?"

{Dae-Hyun POV}

"Okay, now that everyone has their teams we can decide which positions everyone plays," one of my friends yelled. As I walked over with my team, I looked to the bleachers to see Y/N walking away with a boy. He was tall and had blonde hair. I couldn't see his face but he was making Y/N smile.

He looked like my best friend, but there were many guys in this school with blonde hair. Plus Y/N doesn't know who my best friend is.

"Dae-Hyun, pay attention!" my friend said.

It was hard to concentrate when my sister was out with a boy who I didn't even know.

If that's Dohwa, he better treat her right.