Chapter 8

{Dohwa's POV}

I groaned as I flipped to my side in bed. I knew I wasn't going to school since I had slept in and I had woken up with some of the signs of the flu. It's crazy how fast an illness can set in.

At one moment, I was cold, and then the next I was sweating like crazy. Every time I stood up, my head would spin and pound. I was rarely sick, but when I was, it would always hit me hard, like it is now.

My phone buzzed beside me, making me reach and grab it. I had a text from Dae-Hyun. I swiped up and opened it. He had sent a link to an Instagram post. Dae wasn't known for sending funny videos to his friends, so something must have caught his eye.

I tapped on the link and it brought me to the post. I looked at the caption first. Does Dohwa have a girlfriend? I sighed, as I scrolled back up to the picture. It was me and Y/N sitting on the park bench from last. Someone was following us last night and I knew it was a crazy fan.

I went back to the messages between me and Dae.

~Jeez! You have quite a few stalkers buddy.~ Dae texted.

~It's tiring! I just hope it's not taking a toll on Y/N~ I texted back.

~I think she's doing just fine! She's standing up for herself in the comments...Are you coming to school today or are you just skipping?~

~Think I got the flu. Won't be coming for a few days~

~That sucks, feel better dude!~

I rested my phone on my chest, thinking of what to do. I couldn't leave my bed, but I couldn't text any of my friends because it was class time for them. I decided to close my eyes to try and rest up.

***

I opened my eyes as I woke up from my nap. I felt chills surround every inch of my body, which must've made me wake up. I reached over to grab my hoodie, but I started to feel weak. My arm dropped to the floor like I lost all of my energy.

I needed to text someone for their help, but if I reached for my phone, my body would probably drop just like my arm. I slowly moved back onto my bed and wrapped my blanket around me. I tried to keep all of the warm air inside, but it wouldn't work.

I closed my eyes again, hoping and wishing for warmth to reach my body. I felt like I was in the middle of a blizzard with only a long-sleeved shirt to keep me warm.

Bzz, Bzzz. I looked to my left to see my phone. It looked like Dae-Hyun was calling, but I couldn't pick it up; I felt like I was paralyzed by the coldness over my body. I let the call ring all the way through so that he would get my voicemail.

All I could do was stay huddled in my blanket and close my eyes for my sleep.