Chapter 17

{Y/N's POV}

It was the next day at school, and I wasn't paying attention to whatever the teacher was saying. My thoughts were still wandering from yesterday's events. It was a lot with Dohwa and the stalker. I've tried figuring out who the stalker could be, but I couldn't find anyone who would do it.

After last night, Dohwa comforted me after the last text message I got from dohwa_1fan. He promised to stay away as best he could, but would still check in to see how I was feeling. But last night felt good. Talking with Dohwa and having his presence did make me a bit less anxious at that moment, but now I don't feel that way.

"Are you okay Y/N?" my seatmate asked me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm good!" I told her with a smile. As I looked back towards the board, I didn't know my seat mate's name, but she knew mine. I looked over at her; she was writing down notes. I wondered if maybe she was the stalker, but then again, she didn't seem like that type of person. I looked back the other way trying to focus on the class.

After classes were finished for the day, I headed straight home, just in case anything were to happen to me. I made it before anyone came home. I went to study, not wanting to go anywhere else in my house. I sat down, brought out some homework and study materials, and placed my headphones on my ears. I couldn't hear my surroundings at all, I didn't even know how much time had passed.

As I worked on a certain question I was having trouble on, a pair of arms wrapped around me, putting me off guard. A small yelp escaped my lips as I turned to see who was behind me. It was Dohwa. He hugged me tightly, as I realized it was him. I pulled my headphones off.

"Where's my brother?" I asked.

"He's in his room. I only came with him so it didn't seem like I was only coming here to see you," he replied. He went and sat on my bed, patting a spot next to him. I reluctantly went over there and sat down beside him. "So, how was your day today?"

"Well, I didn't pay attention to any of my classes. Yesterday was just a lot!"

"You're not wrong. I didn't pay attention to anything either today," I looked over at him wondering why. "I was kind of worried about you. I didn't know if you were getting beaten up because you're friends with me."

"Oh! I'm sorry..." I said quietly, feeling bad that I was his friend.

"Don't be! It's not your fault or mine. I'm glad I came to know you. I didn't know I could click with someone so fast," he said with a chuckle. I didn't realize how he looked when he laughed. The corners of his eyes creased and his smile was even bigger than when he's smiling. He made the corners of my lips curve upwards.

"What about Dae-Hyun and you? You guys became friends pretty quickly too."

"Ya, but not as fast as us two."

The two of us continued talking throughout the evening. We would both talk about the weirdest of things, and then some more personal. It was interesting to learn more about him. But as we talked, I realized that he seemed a bit broken on the inside. He worked many jobs at once, and went to school full time. It felt like I had known him forever. Maybe it was the telekinesis between Dae-Hyun and me.

My heart felt heavy as we talked. I kept thinking that it was the personal stories he shared or the stories I was sharing. But as we kept moving closer and looking at each other, I knew it wasn't.

If you got more notifications from this story, it's because I didn't put chapter 15 in the chapter titles so the chapters were just adjusted. This one is chapter 17, okay??

Hope you enjoyed lovely people! *forehead kisses for all of you*