Chapter 18

{Dohwa's POV}

Y/N and I had talked for hours since I scared her. It consisted of us both talking about how we were before we met and of funny stories of Dae-Hyun. I enjoyed her company a lot. It made me feel like myself. Most of my friends were only with me because of my popularity. Dae-Hyun was my only general friend before Y/N.

The two of us were laying on our backs as we looked up to the ceiling, talking. It went quiet for a moment as I thought of something to talk about.

"Are you still playing guitar?" I asked. "I haven't seen it for a while."

"It's by my desk. I've been busy so I haven't played it." She got up from the bed and walked away to grab it. Sitting on her bed again, she pulled out a guitar pick from the back of her phone case. It was the broken heart one. She strummed along the strings, tuning it after. "You want a song?" she asked. I nodded in response.

She started to play a song and hummed along. I watched her as she strummed each cord. I didn't know the song, but enjoyed the soft chords. I tilted my head, watching her facial expression. She was good. I couldn't tell that she hadn't practiced in awhile. Y/N finished the song, looking up to me.

"That was beautiful," I told her.

"Thanks," she said quietly. She placed the guitar beside her, before placing the guitar pick into her phone case. I reached, resting my hand on top of hers.

"Can I see this?" I asked her. She dropped the pick into my hand as I looked at it closer. "It's a broken heart. Why?"

"It has two pieces, but I haven't been able to give the other one away."

Y/N got up and went over to a drawer in her desk. She pulled out an exact copy of the guitar pick she was just using. This time, it was on a chain. She walked back, stood on her knees on the bed, placing the guitar pick around my neck. I picked it up, looking at it. The other guitar pick was plucked out of my hand; Y/N put the two side by side, completing the both of them.

"Now I have someone to complete it," she said. I lifted my head to look at her. She was still looking down, admiring the two pieces. She looked up, making us both realize how close we were to each other. She fell back against some pillows.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

She laughed softly, sitting back up. She checked her phone, pouting at what she saw. "It's super late!" she complained.

"I could just stay over. It's Saturday tomorrow."

"I mean, Dae-Hyun would probably love to play video games with you,"

"I want to stay over here. In this room. Hang out with you still."

"Dohwa, I...I don't know."

"We are friends, aren't we?" I said, holding up the guitar pick necklace.