Chapter 16

{Dohwa's POV}

I waited for Y/N by her house. I was just down the street, so I could see her from both sides. After picking up her textbook, I knew that the only way to confront her would be to wait for her at her house with something she needs. I wasn't sure of what I did wrong, but I needed an explanation. I didn't deserve to be left with no answers.

I heard footsteps coming from my right. I looked up to see Y/N walking towards her house. I moved quickly towards her. Getting to her house before her. She looked up at me, her eyes widening. She started to turn on her heel, but I lunged and grabbed her wrist.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Tell me!" I asked her, begging to know. She tried to shake my hand off, but I tightened my grip, making sure I wasn't hurting her.

"Please Dohwa. I need you to just stay away," she said. I felt my heart shatter, but I knew my face also broke down.

"I didn't even do anything! Why are you shutting me out?"

"I just need you too! Please!"

"No! I won't stay away! We're friends! I need to know why!"

"No you don't! Now let me go!" She yanked her wrist out of hand, and stood there. She didn't look in my eyes. Instead, she held her hand out. "Can I have my textbook?" she asked coldly.

"First tell me what's wrong."

"Dohwa, please. Just give it."

"No, tell-" Y/N lunged forward, reaching for the book. I took a step back, holding the book above her head. She tried to jump for it, but she was too short. I kind of laughed, seeing her try to reach it.

"Dohwa! This isn't funny! I can't let people see me!"

"See you? What do you mean?"

"Dohwa! Please!"

"What people?"

"Someone is following me! They are threatening me because we're friends! Okay! Are you happy now?!" I stood there shocked.

"What? Who? Why"

"Please Dohwa, just give me my textbook and stay away from me."

"Y/N, can we talk? About this?"

"Umm..." She stood there thinking about it, "Come, but be quiet. It looks quiet in the house." She grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the front door.

We stepped inside, quietly making our way towards her bedroom. Dae-Hyun's room was just across from Y/N's. I could still hear him up; but the two of us slipped into the dark room. Y/N closed the door and turned on the lights, revealing her room.

It was neat, and seemed very spacious. Her desk was tidy as well, every subject separated so that she could find it easier. She placed her bag beside the desk and sat on her bed. I placed the textbook on the desk, and sat beside her. The bed was very soft. I was almost sinking into it; felt better than my mattress.

"I don't know who this is, but they keep texting me to stay away from you," she showed me her phone with a phone number I didn't recognize. "They call themselves dohwa_1fan. They have photos of us hanging out, so I know they are either stalking you or me."

I stared at the threats to Y/N, making me worry about her safety. 'Stay away from him! I mean it!' I read. Then her phone buzzed. It was from the unknown number. It was a picture of Y/N and I as she was trying to grab her textbook from me. Y/N yanked the phone from my hands, looking at the picture. Her face looked ghostly as she was looking at her phone. I loomed over her, looking at what dohwa_1fan was telling her.

I reached in, hugging her as tight as I could. Her phone dropped from her hands, embracing me tightly as well. She started to sob. I rubbed her back, comforting her the best I could.

"It will be okay," I told her.