Chapter 5

{Dohwa POV}

"My smile?" I asked.

"Ya! Seeing other people happy makes me happy!" Y/N said.

"Well then, where do you want to go now?" I asked.

"Ummm...well, I guess I don't really have a favourite place."

"A favourite spot?"

Y/N's eyes lit up. She took my hand and dragged me to a nearby park. It was still somewhat busy when we got there, but Y/N was able to find a bench for us to sit on. I wasn't sure why this was her favourite spot, but I went with it.

"Look straight ahead," she said, pointing to where she wanted me to look. "I like looking at the sunset. But with the buildings, they become silhouettes. They just look so pretty."

Y/N wasn't wrong. The sky was pretty to look at. You never notice the sky until its pretty colours catch your eye. It was probably the sun's doing.

I turned and looked at Y/N. She was very focused on the sunset. I looked down beside her and saw her guitar. I wanted to hear her play it. Just a short song. I was sure Y/N noticed me when she picked it up and took it out of the case. It was an acoustic guitar. The body was a dark blue-green colour while the neck was black.

"Want to hear a song?" she asked. I nodded and she started to strum the strings, playing a calming song. I watched her, fascinated by her focus as she played. The corner of her lips curved upwards and mine did too. She used her foot to keep the rhythm and I started to sway back and forth.

A calming breeze came through, pushing some of her hair into her face. I leaned forwards, pulling her hair back behind her ear. She looked up at me, wide-eyed. That was when I realized what I had just done. I turned abruptly, covering my face as it started to heat up.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that!" I said.

I felt like an idiot. I had probably just ruined a friendship. I turned back around and she smiled at me. It was sweet. Just by looking at her, it reassured me that it was alright. She opened her mouth to speak, but her phone started to buzz.

"What do you want?" she asked. "It's not that late. Why should I come home now?"

I looked away from her, pulled out my own phone and looked at my notifications. There weren't too many.

"But Dae-!" I turned my head in her direction

Dae? Could that be my best friend? That's when I realized.

Y/N and Dae-Hyun had a lot of similar features to their faces. Their eyes, nose, hair colour, everything was super similar. I knew Dae-Hyun had a sister and that Y/N had a brother, but they were both twins.

"Fine! I'm on my way home!" Y/N hung up and sighed afterwards. "I'm sorry but my brother wants me home now."

"All good! Let me walk you home!" She paused. I knew she was going to turn it down. "After doing that." She agreed and we both walked out of the park.

***

"Here we go! Thanks for walking with me!" she said as we stood in front of her house.

"No problem. I enjoyed our outing together."

"I did too. Next time I will have to walk you home."

"Maybe!" We both stood there awkwardly. I wanted to say something else. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ya, see ya-" Y/N paused as the front door opened and a tall figure peaked their head out. "Dae-Hyun!" she said.

I turned my head and saw my best friend. He looked at me, surprised to find me.

"Hey Dae-Hyun," I said.