Chapter 30

{Y/N's POV}

I sat in the therapist's office, as she wrote on her computer. She was perfectly fine with me just sitting in her quiet office. I was stressing about the verdict that was supposed to come out today. I decided not to go so that I wouldn't be disappointed if the jury went against me.

Hye-Jin deserved to be in jail for the rest of her life. After all the anxiety and pain she caused me. I haven't gone to school since all of this happened. I've been afraid of all of the stares and the students talking about me. Eun-Young kept reassuring me that it would be fine, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Dae-Hyun, Eun-Young, and Dohwa were all at the courthouse to hear the verdict. I knew one of them would be calling me anytime. I looked up to see my therapist still typing away on her computer. She noticed I had looked up and turned towards me.

"Any news?" she asked and I shook my head. My phone soon started to buzz in my hands as I looked to see who was calling me. 'Annoying Brother' popped up on the screen and my eyes grew wide. My hands became shaky as I accepted the call and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered with a shaky voice.

"We won Y/N! We won!" Dae-Hyun said with excitement while the others surrounding him cheered. My eyes filled with tears as my therapist and I both stood up at the good news. She came around her desk and engulfed me in a big hug as I cried into her shoulder. I was so worried that I would have to live close to the person who ruined my life, but now she would be in jail for the rest of her life.

***

I sat on my favorite park bench, strumming the strings of my guitar to anyone who would listen. All I wanted to do was play; I didn't need money. Couples sat on other benches around, sitting close to each other. In front of me, the buildings hid the sun, making a silhouette in the sky. I had a small smile on my face as I felt my own beat through my foot.

I felt someone sit beside me, abruptly stopping my song. I looked to the side of me to see Dohwa. I placed my guitar beside me before falling into his arms. I felt like crying, but kept myself together. We held each other tightly before we let go, and I leaned on him, looking at the silhouette together.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, starting up a conversation.

"Less tense like the last few weeks. I don't have to worry about her anymore though!" I said, trying to sound cheerful.

"You don't seem very happy still though. Something on your mind?"

"Well...I don't know. She'll be in prison for the rest of her life, but I still worry about how I'm going to feel now. I can't handle anymore attention, but when or if I go back to school, everyone's going to talk about me. I'm just scared how everyone will treat me now."

Dohwa took my face in his hands, turning me to face him. Looking up at him, his sweet smile gave me hope that everything would be okay and I wouldn't have to worry anymore, but it didn't last long until my thoughts took over.

"Y/N, you got me now. I'll beat the crap out of anyone who talks shit about you. And you know what? Dae-Hyun would do the same. And probably Eun-Young. We have your backs. When things get hard at school, I'll always be there if you need me." Dohwa placed a kiss on my forehead, before hugging me once more.

We looked back towards the sunset and cuddled up closer to each other; like all of the other couples on park benches. A smile creeped up to the corners of my mouth as I thought about Dohwa fighting people. I almost laughed at the idea, but I also knew he would probably win against them too.

"Do you want to know what I love about you?" he asked as we continued to stare towards the sky. I turned my head back towards him.

"Yes! What is it?" I asked, interested.

"Your smile."

"What!? No, your smile is so much better!"

"No. Just listen...Whenever I see you smile, I just know that you are having the best time. And just thinking of that makes me smile."

"But-" Dohwa placed a finger on my lips, as he continued.

"There's a word for it, but..." he thought for a second then, "Infectious!"

"Infectious?"

"You make me smile when you smile. An infectious smile is what I love about you Y/N."

I leaned in towards him, placing a kiss on his lips before looking back out to the sky, taking in the beautiful scenery. Dohwa being apart of it with his smile.

The End