14 Islamabad

Arhaan decided to break the news to Ali first. Since years he thought he wont care even if he gets to hear about his grandparents death but the news of his grandfather sickness shook him badly! Never in years he thought his grandfather would want to give up on life! He saw how broken his uncle looked he remembers how much his own father loved his grandfather and never disliked him even after everything he did! He was determined to give him best treatment!

He entered Ali's room and saw him studying! Arhaan cringed seeing how thick medical books were! He still wonders how in a family of business graduates Ali is studying medicines! But ever since Ali was a child he wanted to become doctor everybody thought he will change is mind after growing up but he did not! He stayed loyal to his dream and achieved it!

"Arey bhaiya app!" He removed his specs and started collecting his books to make space for his brother! All books were scattered on the bed! He doesn't usually wear specs but everytime he studies he needs to have his reading glasses on!

"Kia parahe ho?" Arhaan awkwardly started the conversation! Ali looked at him with one eyebrow raised since when did he started taking interest in Ali's studies!

"Kia batt ha bhaiya?" Ali asked directly!
Arhaan moved a little closer to him and hold both of his hands in his own and started stroking them gently with his thumb! He did this because he wants to Ali to be calm!

"Promise me you will stay strong!" Arhaan asked

"Ap mujhe darahe ho bhai please batou na kia hua ha?" Ali asked scared!

"Its dadu" before Arhaan could even finish his sentence Ali started getting panicked!

"Listen to me first!" Arhaan commanded in a stern tone! He used this tone because he wants to have his attention without him freaking out! Ali nodded immediately!

"He is sick but its not bad tum khud doctor banrahe ho reports check krlena! He have cancer but its cureable! Hum unhe Karachi leange wo bilkul theek hojange okay?" Arhaan spoked very politely!

Tears started pooling in Ali's eyes. He was very close to his grandfather until 4 years ago! After Arhaan left his grand father gave Ali all his love! Ali never knew the reason of Emaan's departure the day he did he stopped talking to his grandparents completely and decided to move to karachi!

It was a day before Ali's 12 birthday! Emaan and Ali planned everything! Ali and Emaan were very close but since a year now Emaan have stopped talking that much! No one was aware of the torture. It started after Arhaan joined his grandfather's office before that both the siblings use to come back from school together and through out the day Arhaan use to look after her!

Since the day Arhaan started going to office! His dadi had enough of Emaan every time she saw her happy and chirpy it made her blood boil! Her face use to make her remember the insult she faced when her own son rejected her choice and married their mother! Emaan was exact copy of her mother that is why the old lady couldn't tolerate her at all!

Ali's 12th birthday was supposed to be big affair! Aziz decided to throw a big party because after him and her wife lost their child 6 months ago in a miscarriage the house was gloomy! Mariyam was too depressed to care about anything else and that was effecting Ali so he decided to throw a party and invite all of Ali's friends so that it can make Ali happy!

Mariyam was sleeping while Aani was sent to market! Ali went with his father to distribute invites personally and Arhaan was at office as their grand mother thought!

The staff was cleaning the house because of the celebration next day! Little Emaan was petrified of her grandmother she always use to bad mouth her and torture her mentally but since months now she started doing physically aswell! She didn't give her food when Arhaan and all the men aren't home! She use to pull her hair randomly and give her chores and if she fails to do it upto her standards she use to slap her or hit her with hairbrush!