Logan x Oscar

Lando didn't mind his new teammate. He was a bit sceptical of him when he first came to Mclaren but has soon gotten used to Oscar's presence and sense of humour. They worked quite well together. The only problem, Lando thought as he wandered through the hospitality unit, was Oscar wasn't around often. Sometimes, Oscar could just disappear without a trace in the paddock, and Lando wouldn't be able to find him. Also, whenever Oscar was there, Lando realised, most of the time, Logan Sargeant was there as well (when they weren't busy). It was strange, but Lando had gotten used to it thinking that Logan was there with Oscar because they were friends, and it helped Oscar be more comfortable.

-

Over at Williams, Alexander Albon was following a similar train of thought. At this point, he was sure that he had seen the rookie Aussie driver more often than he had seen his own rookie teammate. Today, he was standing in the back of the garage talking through stuff with some of the mechanics when he heard one of Logans mechanics.

"Hey, Oscar!" the mechanic said cheerfully.

"Oh hey Chris, how's it going?" Oscar responded in an equally cheerful voice.

'Ah so the mechanics name was Chris,' Alex thought, 'Nice to know, but how does Oscar know that when I don't when I'm part of the team and he's not,' Alex was questioning himself before tuning back into what was being said.

"Not bad, not bad at all," Chris replied.

"Oh, Oscar, Logans not here. I'm afraid he's in a meeting and will probably be a while yet," said what Alex thought was one of Logans strategists or race engineer, as whoever it was came from the back of the garage. Alex recognised him but couldn't for the life of him remember what he was called.

"Oh, erm, can you just give this to him later then, Aleix," Oscar said, passing a white envelope to Aleix.

'Ah, that was his name, Aleix. How could I have forgotten it when it's so similar to my own name,' Alex thought.

"Yeah, sure, Oscar, have a good day, pal," Aleix said, pocketing the envelope that Oscar had passed to him.

"You too, and you as well, Chris," said Oscar as he walked out of the garage with a smile on his face.

Alex just stood there watching him leave with a puzzled look on his face. How on earth did Oscar know more members of Williams than Alex himself did? He wasn't sure but resolved to look closer into things a bit later on.

-

Back over at Mclaren a little later on, and Lando was strolling out of the hospitality unit when he saw a driver in Williams wear stood talking to erm, well, somebody from Mclaren (Lando couldn't remember who it was). Said Williams driver was, of course, Logan Sargeant and Lando decided that he would get a little closer to try and hear what was being said, purely to make sure no secrets were being spilled, you understand.

"Yeah, actually Oscar left about half an hour ago, Logan. He said he was heading back to the hotel," Whoever it was, was saying.

"Oh dammit, I should've realised, sorry Marco," Logan replied to, who Lando now realised was Marco. And Lando now recalled that Marco was one of their data analysts.

"Not a problem, Logan, do you have Oscars room number and everything, or do you need it," Marco asked.

"Nah, it's fine, I already have it. Thanks anyway. Have a good day," Logan replied.

"Yeah, you too, mate," Marco said as Logan started to walk away, over to where the exit to the paddock was.

Lando also started moving as well, anxious not to be caught listening in to the conversation. He hadn't particularly had anywhere to go when he set off earlier or anywhere in mind that he was heading to. Now, though, he decided to see if Max wanted to hang out (Max Verstappen, that is).