Lando x Oscar

Objectively, Lando knew that Mclaren didn't have the best car on the grid. Far from it. The only reason that they were competing anywhere near the front of the grid was due to the drivers. Lando knew this, Oscar knew this, Mclaren itself however, did not seem to know this. They thought that because Oscar had won a world championship last year and Lando the year before that they were automatically the best car on the grid. No, the only reason that Oscar and Lando had won world championships was due to Oscar and Lando themselves, not the car. In reality, their car was only the fourth best car on the grid and that was only if you were playing favourites. It was just the fortune of the teams ahead of them that had led to Oscar and Lando getting their world championships, well it was also that most of the teams above them also seemed to have pretty shit drivers for the standard of the cars. Anyway, Lando knew all this, Mclaren didn't. 

Lando was stretched out in his drivers room waiting for Oscar to come out of a meeting that he was forced to go to by Zak. It was only a quarter of the way through the season but Zak had been acting very cagey throughout the previous few races. Even more cagey than normal. He had been being very secretive and that worried Lando. Zak being secretive was a recipe for disaster, it never ended well for someone. Lando just prayed that it wasn't going to be Oscar on the receiving end of it. Unfortunately as soon as Oscar walked through the door and threw himself down on the sofa beside Lando, Lando knew that his prayers hadn't been answered.

"Hey baby," Lando muttered as he stroked Oscar's hair, "what's up?"

"Can we go back to the hotel to talk please?" Oscar asked, knowing that Lando would probably go and blow his top at Zak if they stayed in the Mclaren hospitality unit.

"Of course sweetie, let's go back now." Oscar smiled up at Lando as they both got off Landos couch and headed out of the room.

They left the track in Landos car, talking about their chances for the upcoming race. Due to the quality of their car, they always talked down their chances even though, more often than not, they managed to podium or even win the race. There was also talk of making early summer plans to celebrate their two year wedding anniversary because they got married in the summer break, the season that Lando won the championship. But they had been dating long before that. Eventually, they arrived back at the hotel and headed up to Landos room, where they were both staying. Mclaren always booked a room for each driver as Lando and Oscar hadn't informed them about their relationship, nor had they any plans of ever telling them about it until they were in retirement. As soon as the door had closed behind them Oscar had collapsed on the bed with Lando arranging himself on top of the Aussie.

"So what was said in the meeting?" Lando asked as he looked up at Oscar from where his head was laying on the Aussie's chest.

"They're buying out the rest of my contract," Oscar stated glumly.

"WHAT!" Lando all but shrieked as he sat up looking Oscar directly in the eyes. "WHY?"

"They want someone else to drive for them next season alongside you and from what I understood they already have a contract sorted out with whoever it is." Oscar has tightened the hold that he had on Lando as he was talking, just to make sure that his husband didn't do anything rash.

"Who is it? Did they tell you?" 

Oscar shook his head. "They didn't tell me but I'm pretty sure that it's Carlos."

"Oh really," Lando's eyes narrowed as he spoke in a steely voice. Oscar knew that this was not a good sign. "And does Carlos know that Mclaren are going to buy out your contract for him to race?"

"Well they alluded that he did so I'm gonna say yes."

"And Mclaren are aware that there are no seats available for next season as far as we're aware." Oscar nodded. "So they're trying to screw you over. You a world champion. They want to replace you with Carlos, a man who doesn't even have a fucking seat for this season." Landos voice got higher and higher the more he worked himself up.