Lando x Oscar Pt. 4/6

4. Oscar's helmet- Texas

Lando groaned as a loud ringing noise bought him out of the slumber that he was in. He wasn't the only one who was annoyed at the alarm waking them up. It was nice and warm and Lando was being cuddled, so why would Lando actually want to get up?

“Ugh, whyyyyyyyy,” Lando whined, knowing full well the reason that he had to get up early.

They had content to film. So very reluctantly, Lando got out of bed. Or rather, tried to get out of bed would be a better description. The arm that was around his waist tightened so Lando was stuck. Then a leg got thrown over him, pinning him in place even further.

“Oscahhhhh, we need to get up baby. We have content to film.”

“Don't wanna.”

“We can have kisses before we go,” Lando bargained. It worked, and Oscar's arm and leg loosened just enough around Lando so that Lando could slip out of the bed.

It was times like this that Lando hated being an F1 driver. Sometimes, he just wanted to stay in bed with his partner and cuddle. Which he hadn't had much time to do since he and Oscar got together in Hungary, just after what happened in Silverstone. Except for during the summer break. The rest of the time, it was just full on.

A couple of minutes after Lando had gone into the bathroom, he got joined by Oscar. Who wrapped his arms around Lando's waist, kissing his cheek. Then they both just carried on with their routine as normal.

“Know what we're doing today?” Oscar asked as he was in the middle of brushing his teeth.

“Recreating pictures or something,” Lando replied as he applied products to his hair.

“Ah right.” Oscar bent over the sink and spat out the toothpaste that had gathered in his mouth.

“Yeah, it was very vague.” Lando shrugged.

Oscar pulled a face, not liking the vague nature of what they were going to be made to do. This could be anything from childhood pictures to well, anything. But they'd find out soon enough.

He finished up in the bathroom, at the same time as Lando and they moved back into the bedroom to get dressed. Then they went down to breakfast, after Lando had peppered kisses all over Oscar's face, where Jon and Kim were waiting for them looking very displeased.

Discreetly, Oscar snuck a look at the time. Shit! They must have set the alarm wrong. It was an hour later than what it was supposed to be.

“Lan, we set the alarm wrong,” Oscar whispered. “It was an hour too late.”

“Ah, that's why Jon and Kim look like they want to throttle us then.”

“I imagine so.”

“Oops.”

After a talking to from their trainers, Lando and Oscar stuffed some food down their necks and jumped into the car to head off to the circuit. There were then a couple of videos of the two Mclaren drivers sprinting through the paddock to make up for the time that they had lost. It also got them a few strange looks from the other drivers and personnel in the paddock. Not that either of them noticed any.

When they got where they needed to be, for obvious reasons, they were both out of breath. They got directed to the back of the garage by Charlotte who looked like she was ever regretting coming back. Oscar didn't blame her, he and Lando were quite a handful on the best of days.

“Right, what you're going to do is recreate some of each other's pictures from off Instagram,” Charlotte told them when they were both settled.

That didn't sound that bad. It could definitely be made worse.

It wasn't bad. They came across no real trouble when Oscar was recreating Lando's pictures, except for when Lando, for lack of a better word, persuaded Oscar to steal a chair.

It was only when Lando was recreating Oscar's pictures that things got a little interesting.

“Do I need to wear a helmet?” Lando asked.

“Nah, you don't need to wear a helmet,” Oscar replied.

“Awwwww, but I wanna wear your helmet,” Lando pouted, giving Oscar his best set of puppy eyes. “Pleaseeeeeee.”

“Fine. Lemme just go and get it.”

Lando beamed as Oscar wandered off to go and find his helmet. To be honest, Oscar hoped that Lando wanted to wear his helmet. But he put on the pretense that he was resisting because the fans might have something to say if he was seen being eager to get Lando in his helmet.

A minute or two later, Oscar had returned with his helmet.

“Here you go mate.”

Lando practically snatched the helmet off of his boyfriend, very much wanting to wear it. He put it on, shutting the visor, it was a little loose, but it didn't matter. Then Lando posed for the picture/video.

“You need to take this off to continue,” Oscar teased, winking and lifting up the visor of his helmet. He was standing directly in front of Lando so that there was no space between them.

“Can I keep it?”

“Nah, I need it for the race this weekend.”

“Worth a shot,” Lando mumbled with a cheeky smile as he reluctantly took off the helmet and passed it back to Oscar.

Oscar grinned as he placed his helmet back in its bag.

The next picture involved needing a drinks bottle and of course Lando went and got Oscar's, despite his own being inherently closer. When Oscar saw it, he did a mental facepalm. Could Lando be any more obvious? Wait! Don't answer that. Oscar was slightly afraid of what the answer might be.

It's not like Oscar was that bothered by it. They had shared plenty of saliva with each other, amongst other things, so Oscar wasn't afraid of the germs. The reaction from fans on the other hand, was a bit more of a concern.

“And that is done,” Charlotte announced, bringing Oscar out of his thoughts. He was also relieved as well, his arms were getting quite tired, holding up the jacket.

“I might keep this,” Lando grinned, nodding at Oscar's bottle. “Since you didn't let me keep the helmet.”

“Fine by me,” Oscar responded as they walked through the paddock together. They had a drivers briefing to attend. “As long as I get yours.”

“Baby, of course you can have my bottle. I'd want nothing less.” Lando said delightedly.

Oscar shook his head, sighing fondly.

Lando was still clutching his bottle as if someone was going to take it off him.

Surprisingly, they actually made it to the briefing on time. Just at the last second.