Oscar x Lando

He wanted to cry. He so badly wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He had an interview to compete. Lando had to drag himself to go and complete his post qualifying obligations when all he wanted to do was curl up in one of Oscar's hoodies, that he definitely did not steal thank you very much, and cry. Knowing that the car had the pace to be p2, and that was p2 for a little while until the stewards deleted the lap time, was hard to take. 

Lando felt bad for the guy who was interviewing him. All he was trying to do was not burst into tears, and this meant that his answers were short and snappy. He would have to apologise for that later. Also, he felt his voice wavering slightly, and Lando hoped that it wouldn't be noticed. Lando hoped that the entire interview wasn't noticed and how his bottom lip was quivering slightly. As soon as the interview was finished, Lando rushed back to Mclaren and back to his drivers room. He still didn't allow himself to cry. Instead, he methodically tidied up his drivers room, throwing his clothes into his bag with as much force as humanly possible. He felt something wet roll down his cheeks. Huh, when did he start crying. Scrubbing aggressively at his face, Lando wiped away the tears that had started to fall freely without his consent. Then he snatched up his bag and quickly made his way to his car without paying any attention to anything or anyone. If he had done, he may have spotted the concerned look that his teammate had given him.

Back at the hotel, Lando was very grateful that nobody paid him the slightest bit of attention as he very swiftly made his way to the lift and up to his room. He closed the door behind him, chucked his bag to the floor, and threw himself on the bed, slamming his fist onto the pillow. Tears slowly started to roll down his cheeks again, without Lando realised, and he just buried his face into the pillow, ready to have a crying session. Then there came a knock on the door of his hotel room. Lando cursed, just wanting to be left alone, but the knocking persisted. Rolling off the bed, Lando made his way to the door, not realising that his cheeks were tear stained. 

He opened the door to find Oscar standing there, and as soon as he took a proper look at Lando, his face dropped and then softened. Lando wanted to tell him to go away and leave him alone, but there was something inside him that wouldn't allow him to do that. Instead, he stepped aside and allowed Oscar into the room, closing the door behind them both. 

"Oh Lando," Oscar said, and he opened his arms in an invitation to Lando. Lando just stood there for a fraction of a second before Oscar found his arms full of his teammate. Lando buried his face into the crook of Oscar's neck, and he couldn't hold it in any longer. He let out loud sobs into his teammates shoulder. Said a teammate who he was just coming to terms with, having a crush on. Said teammate who was now manoeuvring them both so they were sitting on the bed with Landos face still pressed into Oscar's shoulder, tears wetting that part of Oscar's top. Said teammate who was rubbing his hand on Landos back, whispering soothingly into Lando's ear, whilst Lando cried. Eventually Lando's sobs died down to hiccups and he removed his face from the crook of Oscar's neck, where there was a damp patch on the Mclaren issued team polo. But he noticed Oscar's hand was still drawing patterns on his back as he looked up at him.

"Feeling better?" Oscar asked gently, and it threatened to turn the waterworks back on again. Especially as Oscar had wiped Lando's face with his hand, wiping away the tears on Landos cheeks.

"Yeah," Lando whispered, laying his head on Oscar's shoulder, praying that Oscar wouldn't move away. He didn't. He stayed with Lando in his lap, arms wrapped around each other. "I'm just so annoyed and angry with myself, you know. If I hadn't gone over the track limits, I would've been on the front row, and it also sucks that I know that the car was capable of doing that. I fucked up. And I'm sorry for getting your top wet."

"It's fine Lando. Its okay to be upset and angry with yourself for a mistake you made. The track limits sacked today and the wind didn't help. But at least we have the car to hopefully make our way through the grid on Sunday. And don't forget that we still have the whole of tomorrow for the sprint race."

"Thanks Osc, for just being here for me you know," Lando said and Oscar hummed into his hair. "But what are you doing here, shouldn't you be celebrating your p3?"

If Lando hadn't been looking at Oscar's face as he asked the question, he wouldn't have seen Oscar's face drop. But he was, so he did.

"Osc, what's up?"

"I take it you don't know then." Lando shook his head. "I'm starting p6, my time was also deleted for track limits as well."

At that moment Lando felt his heart shatter into tiny pieces as his teammates voice broke and wavered. Lando didn't realise a person could feel as heartbroken as he did at that moment in time. To see his normally extremely composed teammate slightly lose his composure, made Landos heart break.

"You can use my shoulder to cry on if you want," Lando said, completely forgetting about his own bad qualifying for the moment. Oscar did. He tucked his head under Landos neck somehow and Lando ended up maneuvering them again so it was Oscar on Landos lap instead. The only sign that Oscar was actually crying was the growing wet patch that Lando could feel on the front of his top. Lando rubbed Oscar's back and planted feathery kisses into his hair whilst he cried. After some time had passed, Oscar lifted his head up and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, looked at Lando and gave a wet giggle. Lando just gave him a puzzled look back, trying to ignore how cute and utterly adorable Oscar looked.

"We're both such a mess aren't we?" Oscar laughed wetly in response to Landos questioning look. 

"Yeah but we can be a mess together," Lando replied, pressing a kiss to Oscar's forehead before his brain had time to tell him why it was a bad idea to do that. Oscar gave him an uninterpratable look as Lando realised what he had just done. Before he could stammer out an apology for potentially crossing a boundary, Oscar leaned closer to him.

"Just tell me if I'm making you uncomfortable," Oscar muttered.

"You're not," Lando whispered back, closing the gap between them both.

Their lips met in a gentle kiss. Gentle but needy at the same time. They kissed until they had to break apart for air. Lando pressing their foreheads together.

"I've wanted to do that for so long," Lando breathed out.

"Same," Oscar replied, before leaning back in to kiss Lando again. They stayed there, making out on the bed for who knows how long. Then they realised that they still had a race and qualifying to do the next day so they had to go to bed.

"Stay?" Lando asked and Oscar nodded as they stripped down ready to sleep. They fell asleep with Oscar cuddled into Lando, an arm and a leg thrown over Landos body, pressed against Lando's side. 

The next morning Lando woke up to his alarm, quickly turning it off before he disturbed Oscar. And he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that it was the best night's sleep that he had ever had. He felt a growing fondness as he looked at Oscar sleeping and he took out his phone and took two pictures. One of Oscar sleeping that Lando set as his homescreen and the second one was a picture of himself where the only part of Oscar you could just see was the arm that Oscar had around Landos waist. 

"Hey baby," Lando said as he noticed Oscar waking up. 

"Morning boyfriend," Oscar replied a little nervously.

"Boyfriend," Lando reassured Oscar, kissing his head. "Can I post this on Insta?" Lando showed the second picture that he had taken that morning.

"Sure."

That morning the rest of the world woke up that picture on Landos Instagram. It was captioned 'After the best nights sleep I've ever had ❤️, I'm ready to go today and make up for yesterday 💪🧡'. If Oscar was the first person to like the post then that was nobody's business but theirs. And if Oscar was the only person allowed to comment on the post, and did so commenting 'Let's show them what we can really do ❤️' again that was nobody's business but theirs. But the world went crazy with speculation all the same. However, neither of the two cared as long as they still had each other.