Oscar x Logan

Everyone knew that Oscar and Logan were extremely close. It was a direct result of growing up together and going through the karting ranks together. However, nobody, other than a select few specific people, knew how close they actually were. They were as thick as thieves. They knew everything about each other. They had also been dating for the past four years.

Both of them shared the same level of love and passion for racing in formula one, and when Logan was announced for Williams, Oscar was ecstatic that he was going to be racing alongside his boyfriend and share their rookie season together. However, good things weren't meant to last.

-

"Oh, Oscar Piastri," Lando sung from behind the Aussie drivers as he took pole position for the Dutch grand prix.

Everybody was jumping up and down, clapping Oscar on the back. Anybody who was dressed in Papaya orange was celebrating madly congratulating Oscar on all his hard work and earning Mclarens first pole position of the season. However, Oscar was only looking for one person to celebrate with. Logan. Unfortunately, since they were keeping their relationship a secret due to the potential consequences that could come from it if it got leaked to the media. This meant that he would have to wait a while to see Logan properly.

-

As Logan crossed the line at the end of qualifying, he knew that he hadn't put in his best performance, so he wasn't surprised when his engineer told him that he was in p7 and that Alex was in p6 (the car wasn't particularly performing great at the track either). He was surprised, however, when he was told that Max had qualified in p8.

"Hold on, if Verstappen is p8, then who qualified on pole?" Logan asked his race engineer, Gaetan Jego, confused.

"Erm, that would be Oscar Piastri, I believe mate," his race engineer eventually came back to his after consulting his timing sheets.

"Holy ****, get in Oscar, that's my-"

"Logan, please come into the pits and don't forget that your radio is being played live," Gaetan said, giving a long suffering sigh. It was not the first time that he had had to come in and prevent Logan from saying anything that would expose his relationship with Oscar.

"Oop, yeah, my bad. But erm, we did well today considering where the car was yesterday," Logan said, trying to do any damage control. However, the socials were all going into overdrive with speculation over what Logan was going to say. So now the Williams pr manager had a lot on her plate trying to stop any form of disaster happening, even though she didn't know about their relationship.

When Logan finally got out of his car in parc ferme, he immediately tried to pick Oscar out from in the sea of Papaya that was dominating his view in front of him. All he wanted to do was go and fully celebrate with Oscar (wink, wink), but he couldn't do that in public, so he just managed to give Oscar a hug before he was pulled away to perform post qualifying media duties and other things. Logan was just praying that the media duties were over and done so that he could go and wrap Oscar up in a proper hug and kiss him until they needed to part for air.

-

Eventually, later that night, Logan found himself sneaking into the Mclaren hotel after him and Oscar had been freed by their teams.

"Ozzy, you did so well. I'm really proud of you," Logan said as soon as Oscar opened the door.

"Thanks, Lo, I'm proud of you too, baby. I know your car wasn't the best today," Oscar said as he closed the door and hugged Logan.

They stayed like that for a while, just standing there and hugging each other. This happened often, just them providing comfort to each other and being in their own world, a world of safety. Eventually, they made it onto the bed, both of them being more tired than they cared to admit, and so, they fell asleep together. As a rule, they tried not to sleep with each other the night before the race, but there were a few occasions where they had done that. It wasn't the end of the world.