• Chapter 04 • Reminisce

Here's the fourth update. I hope you enjoy it..
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

It was late afternoon when I got free from my work. It's been nearly two weeks after I secured the deal with the Mitchell's. For saying that Kayden didn't do anything about it, made me quiet suspicious.

Kayden Richmond had always been a pain in the neck for me. He's famous for coming after me. He doesn't like when I took some thing that was meant to be his.

But isn't that the whole deal of our rivalry.

His grandfather betrayed us and since then he decided to take everything from us. But my grandpa wasn't that shallow and he knew his friend's tactics like the back of his hand. He taught me how to handle all those betrayers and it's all because of him that this company is here today.

My grandpa and father were always so hard working. This company is here because of their constant hard work and consistency.

After my grandpa and father's sudden demise in a car accident, I was all alone by myself. It's like one moment, they were with me and the very next moment, they were gone. Just like that.

Since then, I decided to overtake the company. I did my best to keep it in tact and do everything in my power to keep it at the very high. My uncle tried to snatch the company from me many times, but he failed. All the time!!

I didn't let anyone overpower me. I worked hard and hard to make my grandpa and father proud. It's the least I can do for them. They should be in peace watching the state of the company and that's what matters to me the most.

The ringtone of my phone brought me out of my trance. I looked at the caller and found Maura calling me. I took a deep breath before receiving the call

"Hey!"

Her cheery voice reached my ears

"Hey, how you're doing?"

I rubbed my face before answering

"I'm in the middle of working."

Her groan reached my ears making me chuckle. She always hates when I overwork myself. She said that I'm not that old to be lock in a room full of papers and files.

"Can't you do anything other than working yourself off?"

Her voice reached my ears. I sighed before answering

"Nothing seems to be intriguing me these days. I'll stick to my work just."

"You're a lost cause, Aaron."

She mumbled casing a rumble of laughter to ignite in me. After a while, her voice became serious before she stated

"Hey, let's eat at our favorite restaurant. Just you and me. I won't take any excuses today."

Oh god! Here she goes again. Maura had been trying to have a dinner with me since like two months. But I have been too busy in the deal with the Mitchell's that I always delayed the plan.

Now, that I have the deal, I think it would be unfair if I declined. So, I agreed. She cheered from the other side before speaking

"Meet me at the place at 7."

I hummed before hanging up the phone. I placed the phone back on the table and checked the time. It was 4:32 in the evening. I decided to complete my work so that I can reach early and book a table. With that thought in my mind, I once again busied myself in the work..

~~~~

"This place is divine."

Maura spoke as she took a seat infront of me. I chuckled before asking