• Chapter 27 • Lost

So sorry for the late update guys.
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

I had always prefer working. Some might call me a workaholic but I don't pay heed to their unofficial opinions or remarks on me. I liked being so busy so that I couldn't focus on anything else other than my work.

Most probably I don't want to focus on my brain.

My mind always took me down to the memory lane of what happened six years ago and I don't want to get lost in that time. Because once I'm on that road, I can't escaped it easily.

Working till late had never been a hard task for me. But at this moment, I'd liked to make an exception. It's getting hard for me to concentrate on my work due to the presence of a particular someone sitting right infront of me.

Aaron is sitting dressed causally in his white t-shirt with grey sweatpants. His hairs messy and he kept running his hands in them. His legs supported the laptop and he's been typing efficiently on it. My mind kept wandering on how perfectly long and lean his fingers are. His muscles stretched causing his veins to pop out. My mind kept commanding me to kept staring at him like a hawk but I kept trying to dismiss the idea.

But it's getting hard and harder for me to keep my focus on my boring laptop when there's a whole package of entertainment sitting right in front of me. I tried to keep my actions as sleek as possible. I don't want to face the embarrassment of getting caught.

By knowing Aaron, he won't spare me and would budge me for a lifetime.

So, I cleared my throat and shook my head to get rid of these absurd thoughts. But I kept taking secret glances at him from time to time. It's hard not noticing him when he looked like a freaking model sitting there casually working.

Like there's not a tornado brewing inside me because of his presence.

The ringtone of his phone broke off the spell I was in. He glanced at it before closing his laptop and picking up the call. There's a small smile on his face after reading the caller id. I won't lie if I say it doesn't make me suspicious.

"Hola, còmo estás."

His sudden change of language only added more to my already growing suspicion. Again, there's a sick smile on his face. The kind of smile when you're talking to someone special.

Is there someone special in his life?

The thought alone made a shiver ran down my spine.

Aaron had always been discreet about his personal life. I never saw him or read any article about his personal affairs. Don't judge me, it's not like I have been stalking about him.

Well, maybe.

He kept talking in that forsaken foreign language and I kept frowning my eyebrows like I had given a hard maths question and am unable to solve it. Aaron didn't even glance in my direction and and continued his conversation with whoever was on the other side.

I tried not to show my displeasure. Of course, I knew he's fluent in Spanish, Italian and German but he never once talked to me in these languages. His only use is the nickname he gave me after six years. I could have searched the meaning behind it on the internet but I don't know what always stopped me.

Maybe, I want him to tell me the meaning by himself. It seems more appropriate right?

After a while he finally ended the call and I took a long sigh of relief. My eyes widened due to the fear of him noticing but thank god he didn't. There's still a dreamy smile intact on his face and I so dearly want to rip that smile off his lips. He can't smile like that.