• Chapter 50 • Forever

Here's the last chapter guys
___________________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

My nerves are on haywire since the morning. It's my birthday today. And today for the very first time, I'm really happy and looking forward to this day. My past birthdays had went with me locking myself up in my room or busying myself in work too much to care. Kayden would wish me and would continue with the day.

But this time, I have my brother with me too. He took a day off from work. Which was quite a bit of a surprise giving his relationship with work. He's a stage ten workaholic. But his efforts to be a better brother are melting my heart in a goo. Kayden is proving himself day after day that he's changing.

A smile was plastered on my lips as I replied to yet another birthday wish. My phone has been ringing since midnight. Everyone's been wishing and congratulating me. Sometimes, I felt so lucky to have so many people caring about me. But foremost, I'm thrilled because my family is with me on this day.

I sighed before roaming my eyes around my room. I came back to my own house because Kayden and I both needed a much needed sibling's time. We talked alot. We talked about our parents, our grandparents, even small and trivial memories of our childhood. It felt good having my brother talk with me so freely. He even joked like he does as a kid.

I stood up from the bed and went to take a shower. As it was my birthday today, I took a nice long shower. I did my skincare and applied minimal amount of makeup. I chose a decent knee length dress. Since I don't have work today, I was dressed causal. I stepped out of the walk-in-closet and picked up my phone.

Han! There's no message from Aaron. Did he forget my birthday? A tinge of sadness appeared in my chest. No. Aaron can't forget my birthday. He even wished me when we're rivals. As if on cue, my phone dinged. I immediately opened the text and a broad smile plastered my face.

"I know you must be thinking I forget your birthday. But it can never happen. Happy birthday my love! A big surprise is waiting for you tonight."

My eyes widened at the name of surprise. I couldn't hold myself and dialed his number. He picked up soon enough and his cheery laughter greeted my ears

"Someone's getting impatient, I see?"

I laughed before asking, my voice dripping with curiosity

"What is the surprise?"

Aaron's chuckled once again resonated before he mused

"A surprise is a surprise. What's the fun if I told you beforehand? I won't be able to see your actual reaction. C'mon. I need to hang up. I had lots of work to do. See you at evening."

I didn't even get to say goodbye before he disconnected the call. I dumbfoundedly stared at the phone. What just happened? I let it slide. Anxiety ballooned in my chest. What will be the surprise? I descended down the stairs and soon spotted Kayden sitting at the table. He was drinking his coffee.

I patted his shoulder before taking the seat next to him. He glanced at me before placing his phone on the table.

"Oh! The birthday girl is here."

I chuckled before he spoke

"I hope this day will be filled with happiness for you, Ana."

A small smile pasted on my lips before I squeezed his hand. A message dinged on his phone before he checked it. His eyebrows furrowed before he looked at me and stated

"Ana, I had an emergency meeting. I'll promise I'll be there for your birthday celebration."

I nodded my head although I was confused as to why he had an emergency meeting all of a sudden. But I chose not to say anything. Kayden's been light on work to spend time with me. I should cooperated with him too.