• Chapter 22 • Together

I'm back with a brand new update everyone...
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

Following the incidents in the past few days, my company had suffered. The tabloids about me and Anastasia didn't help in the situation rather they work as adding more to the already big fire. My clients were doubtful of making deals with me because apparently no-one wants to associate with someone who's trapped in a lawsuit.

Whether he's right or not.

I tried my best in keeping my clients as secure as possible. But my pathetic excuse of an uncle decided to poke his nose into my matters yet again. That's why I'm sitting here at a nearby restaurant to meet my old client who apparently is a big fan of James Atkinson.

Don't ask me why.

I checked my watch once again and almost cursed under my breath. He's fifteen minutes late and I hated tardiness. If he can't keep track of time than what he's doing anyway. I tried to calm myself and sipped through my glass of water.

Soon, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Victor Gonzalez walking towards me. He had a sick smile plastered on his face. I never liked that man. He's a direct pain in the neck. But then again I always had to bear the responsibility of the messes my uncle left.

As he took a seat, I couldn't help but point out

"Don't you think you're a little late?"

He chuckled obnoxiously before checking the time on his watch. He clicked his tongue in negative before leaning back on the chair and causally spoke

"I think I'm a little early."

His narcissist response was getting on my nerves but I kept my calm. I am doing it for my company. I need to bear this piece of absolute garbage. I sighed before beginning

"I guess, we should talk about the main topic."

He nodded his head and sipped through the glass of water. I leaned on the table and adjusted my elbows on the table.

"I want to ask you that why you're suddenly withdrawing your contract from my company?"

Victor eyed me with his eyes for few minutes. He then shrugged and stated

"No-one wants to associate with law. Seeing that you're in between a lawsuit, it could cost my company great loss."

I rolled my eyes. He is literally saying that. If he hadn't have a five year contract with my company, I would gladly accept his farewell. But not when he's leaving his contract halfway. It will cause us harm. I can't let that happen to my company.

So, I bargained

"But I assure you that your company won't be affected least bit by it."

Victor only pulled out a weird laugh before he leaned on the table. He crossed his arms on the table and stated

"Tell me, Aaron. Why should I believe you?"

"Just like you believe my uncle. If you can believe a man like him, than thank God, it's only me."

Victor again chuckled before he commented

"Atta boy. I like how you think of yourself."

"Mr. Gonzalez, I hope we can talk about the negotiations. Your sudden farewell will cause my company harm. Atleast, give me a solid reason for cancelling your contract?"

Victor sighed before he began

"I have no issue in continuing with your company. But as you see Aaron, James is pretty convincing."