• Chapter 26 • Theme Park

Hey, guys here's the new update
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

Anastasia was barely eating from her plate. She was just rounding her fork on the plate over and over again. I kept noticing her moves not speaking. I wanted her to notice herself but it's been half an hour and still she's in deep thoughts. Deciding to interrupt her, I spoke up

"Are you gonna keep doing this?"

She finally looked up from her plate. Her eyes were almost lost. She never had that look on her face ever. Not atleast after everything went downhill. Before our dispute, Anastasia would always look up to me whenever she was sad or upset. But after what happened, she distanced herself from me.

She always had that unbreakable facade over her face. She was always trying to hide her true emotions. I always tried to see beyond her facade. She tried to hide herself from me but she doesn't know that I can see beyond her thinking. She thinks she can hide from me by creating these walls but she doesn't know that I will break after strong wall in order to be close to her.

"I was just thinking..."

She trailed off. Her voice not supporting her. I knew that if i asked further, she would either snap or try to change the topic. So, I didn't probe and instead ordered her

"You should finish your food. I have already finished. Since I have already cooked it, you have to do the dishes."

She rolled her eyes before nodding her head. I stood up from my seat but before I could go, her voice stopped me from behind

"Are you gonna sleep?"

I turned around before nodding my head and directing her questions towards her too

"Are you?"

She shook her head before mumbling

"I think I'm gonna work. Mr. Mitchell would of course, choose me."

I chuckled before walking towards my room. I decided to take a quick shower since I was a little sweaty because of the cooking. I took a quick 5 minutes shower before coming out. I laid down on the bed and decided to call it a night.

~~~~

At the middle of the night, I woke up, thirsty. I checked the bottle to my nightstand but it was empty. I groaned under my breath before sitting up on the bed. I stepped off the bed and exited my room. As I descended downstairs, I walked straight to the kitchen.

I grabbed the water bottle from the refrigerator and exited the kitchen. But before I could ascend upstairs, my eyes caught something. The light to the living room was opened. This means only one thing.

I walked to the living room. It's after midnight I guess and I don't know why Ana is awake till late. As I approached her, I noticed something else. He laptop was placed on the table infront of her while she was out like a log on the couch. She was sleeping in a complicated posture.

I placed the water bottle on the table before placing her properly on the bed. I would have taken her to the room but I didn't want to disturb her sleep. As I lay her down on the couch, she snuggled into my arm. Her head rested on my arm.

Her soft tendrils tickle my skin but they were so soft, I barely felt anything. She looked so peaceful that I want to savour that moment forever. Her angelic face was shining and I want nothing more than to kiss her senseless. I wanted to feel the taste of her lips on mine.

I want to hold so tightly that no one would be able to take her away from me. I stroke her hairs for sometime before I was assured that she was in deep sleep. I carefully detached my arm before standing up. I draped a throw over on her before closing her laptop. I let the night bulb on before closing all the other lights.